Author Topic: McClure  (Read 7855 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: McClure
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 05 April 09 12:37 BST (UK) »
Castlequarter is civil registration district that covers Kilraughts.
Have McClure connection from Kilraughts that should be visiting aunt on Friday and will try to see if she knows any thing about this McClure family.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 05 April 09 12:55 BST (UK) »
Just to confuse us a bit more there seem to be McClures in Killogue:
"Administration (with the Will) of the personal estate of James M'Clure late of Killogue County Antrim Farmer who died 31 May 1898 granted at Belfast to John M'Clure of Killogue Farmer the Brother." (www.proni.gov.uk)

However, here's an intersting one from Dervock (which is not far from Kilraughts):
"Administration (with the Will) of the Estate of James McClure late of Stroan Dervock County Antrim Farmer who died 17 November 1911 granted at Belfast to Adam Wales McClure Horse Dealer and Farmer"

Added Note: Adam Wales McClure m.24 June 1908 Minnie Brown Boyd (187_-5 Apr.1953) & had family.

Offline megbe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 06 April 09 00:12 BST (UK) »
Hello Aghadowey,
You have been working hard I see.. The Killogue address is definitely the correct one for my connections . Don't know that Dervock has any connection....  Any ideas  for John and James's father who I believe to be Adam McClure married to Mollie Tweed although the  1911 census states that  John's mother lived with him then ( she  would have been in 80's at that time) but he entered her name as Mary.This also means that his father was already dead before 1911.  There  has been a post of Adam McClure married to a Margaret Tweed,in 1853 which is an OK.date  but can Mollie,Margaret and Mary all be variations of the same person??  I'm not sure..I will keep digging!!
Megbe

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 06 April 09 08:54 BST (UK) »
Megbe,
           I have double checked my McClure/Tweed marriage and noticed that I misspelled the name. The marriage I mentioned was Adam McLure to Margaret Tweed.
           I then checked further and found an Adam McClure who married Mary Fee in Belfast Registrar's office, Shankill, Belfast on 4 Aug 1855.
           My apologies for the error.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline sally harris

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 01 May 09 17:32 BST (UK) »
I also have McClures of Kilraughts. my great Grandfather born circa 1821 son of William and died 1897 at Lisnisk. His second marriage was to My great grandmother Mary Jane Hart in 1877 at Ballymoney Reformed Presbyterian church -  his residence at this time was Lisboy.  They had several children -William married Martha Chestnut-Jane Married Adam Elliott and my grandmother Sarah Married David Alexander He Also had a son Robert born 1888 and living at Kilraughts in 1911 census.
I should like to find out more about the family and also to find out if the Ballymoney Reformed church records have been filmed or on Fiche
Sally

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 01 May 09 18:48 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, Sally. As far as I know the records for Ballymoney Reformed Presbyterian Church have not been microfilmed and are still in local custody.

Offline sally harris

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 03 May 09 11:36 BST (UK) »
my thanks-I'll just have to try to visit some day.

Sally

Offline sally harris

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 03 May 09 12:01 BST (UK) »
Someone has posted a tree on Ancestry.co.uk.James McClure1775-1845 married to Mary Ann Tweed 1774-1874
Son Adam McClure b 1803 died at Killogue 11th Nov 1892--Married Margaret Tweed 1st Kilraughts 20/10/1853
Adams son John b7/12/1855 residence Killogue-marriage 5th April 1905-death killogue 25/02/1929.
Hope this helps Sally

Offline Margaret Loughridge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 22 April 17 10:53 BST (UK) »
Thanks Kingskerswell, You details fit very well, The Elizabeth you mentioned would be my maternal grandmother who had two sisters Anne or Anna who married Adam Loughridge and Maggie who married Bleakley.. Was there any mention of a brother...not too sure about this.. sorry about the mistake in direction...obviously  it didn't deter you but going from Ballymoney to Ballymena is south  not north...
Regards Megbe.
There was a brother William Andrew born 1878, Lizzie 1874 Annie 1876 and Maggie 1880. Their mother was Eliza nee Boyd 1841 who married a William Clarke