Author Topic: birth marriage and death certificate  (Read 2559 times)

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
birth marriage and death certificate
« on: Friday 18 February 05 15:13 GMT (UK) »
I know the year  1929 my ggrandfather died but cant find  a certificate on the north wales bmd  also tried church of Jesus Christ, and as he was buried at st Micheals Abergele  have tried the very lovely Louise registrar at Abergele, no luck , i am also searching for my ggrandparents marrage certificate, but have drawn a blank there as well.

Is the best thing to go to the family records center has any been there and how successful were you?

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: birth marriage and death certificate
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 February 05 15:24 GMT (UK) »
your best bet is www.1837online.com which unfortunately you have to pay for. It should be relatively easy enough to find the death but you will have to go through a number of likely years to find the marriage.

peterej
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 18 February 05 17:31 GMT (UK) »
Thank you will give it a go

Valerie

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 13 March 05 16:51 GMT (UK) »
i have found a marriage certificate on 1837, is there any way i can pay to see if it is the person i am looking for , or is the only way to see if its the correct one, buy it and hope the parents on the brides side match my ggrandfathers details.

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 13 March 05 23:18 GMT (UK) »
I suggest writing to the local registrar who will usually do a search to check known information before issuing anything or order the certificate from www.statistics.gov.uk/registration and ask for various points to be checked before issue. The web site explains this and I understand no charge will be made if the details are different and no certificate sent. The reference you will have found on 1837 is no good for local registrars but you will be able to give the year and quarter to help them.
Hope this makes sense to you
peterej
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 14 March 05 06:37 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much

Valerie
#