Author Topic: Elizabeth Jane CHAPPLE/CHAPPEL - Redruth, Cornwall  (Read 11031 times)

Offline ChristineS

• RootsChat Extra
  • I used to be cute - dunno what happened!
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Jane CHAPPLE/CHAPPEL - Redruth, Cornwall
« Reply #27 on: Friday 30 December 16 22:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Telinlethaed
Thanks for the post, I have seen those 1851 census records, I believe "my" Mary Ann Chapple is the first one listed.  In a newspaper article when she was 96 she talks about her father William (in fact Richard who died of phthisis in Wales in 1841) and her mother Elizabeth.  On her marriage certificate she lists Richard Chapple, Miner, as her father.  Mary Ann is not on the 1841 census, but the rest of the family is, Richard died on 29 September 1841.

There were lots of Chapples around, I don't think Mary Ann was the natural daughter of Richard and Elizabeth, and I have never found a birth certificate that fits. I think possibly Mary Ann was either fathered by A.N. Other on Elizabeth, or she was an adopted/fostered relative perhaps?

This family is my brick wall!
Cornwall, Cambridge, Norfolk, South Australia, Western Australia, Bermuda. Richardson, Lovering, Trebilcock, May, on dad's side. Mum's side Paull, Howard, Chapple, Richards, Rose, Green, Wright.