Author Topic: Elizabeth Jane CHAPPLE/CHAPPEL - Redruth, Cornwall  (Read 11023 times)

Offline Angechap

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Jane CHAPPLE/CHAPPEL - Redruth, Cornwall
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 05 May 09 01:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Seraphic

I am very pleased to hear of you discovering our Chappel ancestors in the 1841 census - I have been dying of curiousity to discover where they were at that time. My ancestor is the son James Chapple and I live in Adelaide also. I would like to get in touch with you to share info and I also have some good contacts you might not have in WA. I'm interested in the detail of Richard's death which is of course news to me too.

best wishes, Angechap

Ps. I haven't figured out how to send you a personal message with my email address in it yet!

Offline seraphic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 05 May 09 04:20 BST (UK) »
Hello Angechap,

Would be great to be able to talk.  Like you I am not sure how this can occur, I am still new to all of this, but I have sent an email to the mediator, hopefully she will be able to help.
Your James Chappel was my GGrandfather's brother, mine being Thomas Chappel who married Elizabeth Searle.
Our ancestor - Richard Chapple died 29th September, 1841 at Ugborough.  He died aged 36 years. Cause of death was Phlthisis, which I believe is known as miner's disease or now TB.
I live in Adelaide so hopefully we can get communications going.
Kind regards
Seraphic

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 05 May 09 04:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Angechap,

A Big Welcome to RootsChat  ;D

How lovely that you have made a connection.

As a new member the PM system has not yet opened up to you. If you reply here a couple more times you will then be able to send  a PM to Seraphic (or vice versa) Once you have done this, and wish to make contact with Seraphic - To send a PM just click on the little green scroll to the left of Seraphic"s post above.

All the best to you both.

Cheers Kris  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 05 May 09 07:24 BST (UK) »
Ummm,

Hi All,  I am in NSW Australia.  My CHAPPLE forebears arrived from Somerset to Victoria in the 1855 voyage of Orwell.

In doing my family history I have found other variations on the spelling eg with "O" as in Choppel /le/ ell/  elle.  Yes, with an "o", but fortunately we have a birthday book with many of the dates of birth for our lot, so it was ummm,  easier .... to do the online index searchings to figure out which certificates to order without collecting a wad for wallpapering tasks!

Choppel,  Coppelle, Chapple, Chapelle, Schappelle, Chaple, you spell it, we have it!

I descend from John Chapple and his wife Ann Dennis, married in Baltonsborough in 1838.  Please pm me if you would like to share any info about Chapple (variants) and anyone who could be related to John and Ann.  Paricularly interested in any forebears with first or middle name of "Jehu", which is often MISS transcribed as "John", "Ishew" "Jehn" etc. ::)

Cheers,  Just Moi.
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline iwonder_who

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 26 May 09 13:32 BST (UK) »
HI there

Seems many Chapple ancestors moved to Australia.  I too am one of the descendants,  albeit my ELizabeth Chapple married a John May and later families moved to Western Australia.  My Elizabeth was born in 1824 in St Just to Jonathon Chaple and Sarah Richards.

Not sure if they are in your lines but have info on them if they are.  Good luck in your search

Yvonne

btw also found a CHAPPLE  listed as CHIPPLE....  (perhaps a New Zealander transcribed it  hehe)
Davis, May, McAuliffe, Hanks, Jetson, Merrifield, Curtin, Collins,  Achilles, Fenner, Hourigan, Crocker, Chapple, Mormon, Stephens, George, Richards

Offline seraphic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 27 May 09 08:19 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Thanks for replying about Elizabeth Chapple.  Unfortunately she is not mine, but interesting that her Mums surname is Richards.  My Elizabeth's mother was Elizabeth Richards..  Have not gone down the line of Richards yet, but who knows there could be connection there somewhere.

Regards,
Seraphic

Offline iwonder_who

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 27 May 09 08:21 BST (UK) »
Yes!  I too noticed the Richards name in there in common...

You never know 2 brothers and 2 sisters!  lol   Yvonne
Davis, May, McAuliffe, Hanks, Jetson, Merrifield, Curtin, Collins,  Achilles, Fenner, Hourigan, Crocker, Chapple, Mormon, Stephens, George, Richards

Offline barbs91uk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 01 June 09 02:55 BST (UK) »
Hi I am looking for a Thomas Chapple that married a Sarah Parker in New Zealand bout 1870 believe both were born in Canterbury England.
Hoping sum1 can help
Leach, Halpin, Chapple, Knill, Golding,Place

Offline seraphic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 01 June 09 03:23 BST (UK) »
Hello Barbs,

RootsChat sent me your email about Thomas Chapple and Sarah Parker.  Unfortunately they are not members of my Chapple/Chappel Family.
Good hunting.

Seraphic