Author Topic: Premnay graveyard  (Read 20502 times)

Offline AA

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Premnay graveyard
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 22 March 15 00:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Janet,
           Great to hear from you again. I am sure we have the same GGG Grandparents. My GG Grandmother was Elizabeth Galashan (born about 1829) in Premnay. On her Marriage certificate to Robert Adam, her mothers maiden name was Catherine Paterson, but on her death certificate her mothers name was Catherine Robertson (I think this was a clerical error) I do have some information on my GG Grans family and I did have her sister as Jean Milne (born Galashan) in Premnay in about 1846. I have info that she died in the USA in 1926, do you know if this is this correct? I don't know how to use the Private Message system for e mailing you, sorry I'm a bit new to all this. If you know how you can send me your e mail address and we can make contact that way.
      Thanks again for the new info, very interesting Distant Cousin.

Offline smidget

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 22 March 15 04:23 GMT (UK) »
Jean Galashan Milne died in 1926 while living with her daughter in Arizona, USA.

I have send you a PM with my email address.

Offline AA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 26 March 15 05:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Janet,
             I've sent u a couple of emails, I hope you received them.

Offline jnorrey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 03 March 16 15:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Apologies for hijacking this post but I noticed there was mention earlier of TOUGH'S buried in the Premnay cemetery - is it possible to verify their names & dates please?
Much appreciated  :)

Offline Helen21

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 31 December 16 01:25 GMT (UK) »
Another Tough descendant here (through Janet TOUGH, 1810-1856, daughter of George TOUGH & Jean STEPHEN, and wife of Arthur HENDERSON).

Just to say that the Aberdeen & NE Scotland Family History site has the index to their published MI's available to everyone on line, and for members of the society there is also access to the unpublished MI's.

Go to https://anesfhs.org.uk/member-home  and look under the Database heading
Caithness-Harper, Houston/Ogston (Wick & Canisbay)
Isle of Lewis-MacDonald, MacLeod, Stewart (all Swordale & Bayble)
Morayshire-McLennan, Roy (Drainie)
Banffshire-Fraser (Gamrie & Marnoch)  Thomson (Marnoch) Wilson (Portsoy) Greig (Macduff)
Aberdeenshire-Allan (Monymusk & Forgue) Copland (Chapel of Garioch & Forgue) Henderson & Tough (Premnay) Greig (Inverurie)
West Lothian-Johnston & Kirkwood (Bo'ness)
Stirlingshire-Johnston & Shanks (Slamannan) Boyd (Kilsyth & Airdrie)

Offline janicejo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 31 December 16 14:38 GMT (UK) »
Helen: Hello cousin!! We're related thru Jean Stephen, her mother was Mary Ledingham, b. 1758 Insch who married Alexander Stephen.  I got this info from a distant cousin, who has the birth record from Scotland's people.  Mary Ledingham was the 1st cousin of my 4g grandfather Alexander Ledingham.  I did Ancestry DNA, and my DNA is also on the free website GEDmatch.  If you want to PM me, I'll give you what info I have. Janice