Author Topic: Germany: KITSCHKER family  (Read 2131 times)

Offline giblaw

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Germany: KITSCHKER family
« on: Tuesday 07 April 09 03:27 BST (UK) »
hi all  i am trying to get any information on a family named Kitschker i have most of there recent information and location in Glamorgan Wales but it is the time around 1837 - 1871 and  pre -  registration years, they originate from prussia/austrian/german  george august kitschker b. 11/may/1858  kattenhof, pommern, pruessen. death 1938 cardiff wales.  to a franz kitschker and ulricke luise appel (no dates) they had several other children named minna j kitschker b. 10/jan/1860 kattenhof, anastasia b kitschker b. 25/apr 1863 kattenhof, bathold a kitschker b. 16/aug/1875 kattenhof, franz h kitschker b. 31/aug/1868 kattenhof  all these children were christened in kattehof any information at all on this name or any directives where to llook would be most helpful.  :)  chris (giblaw)

Offline Sue15

• RootsChat Senior
  • No one is too old to need a Teddy Bear
    • View Profile
Re: kitschker family
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 08 April 09 07:32 BST (UK) »
Hi
I believe Kattenhof is now called Katy and is in Poland but close to the border to Germany. Before the war  this was part of Prussia.

Here is an interesting website which tells you more about Kattenhof

http://www.vorfahreninfo.de/Orte/Kattenhof_e.htm

I have found a group on the net researching families from this area.- the site is in English and German

http://pommernkontakte.de/index.html?sessid=57922aba6ccd22179007a9b608050fd1&lang=en

They may well be able to help.

The church records are probably in Stettin Poland. However I am not certain of that - its a best guess. 

Another website with excellent information is

http://www.genealogy.net/reg/POM/pommern.html

This is an excellent website called Family Researcher

http://hinterpommern.de/Genealogie/  - it is in German but some of the links are in English.

Records before 1871 are possibly only with the church but civil registration in some States was in force at that time.
My advice is to post a message on the German Roots board ( sure Berlin-Bob can help) and get a better opinion of where to find the archives.

There are sample letters on the websites in Polish -it could be trial and error but I am sure you will trace the family.
There are Kitschkers listed as living today near the East German border and some just the other side.

Good Luck

Sue

Davies- Llandegly, Cefnllys
Lloyd, Old and New Radnor Glascwm
Holl, Radnor, Kington
Mannering(s), Chatham Hinckley
England & Iliffe in Hinckley
Whitlock, Wilts, Glos and Cardiff
Howell, Cardiff
Hoddinott, Sturminster Newton,  - Weston S Mare
Thymian Eiling, Rahmer, Heitmuller -Hanover and Braunchsweig Germany
Wellings- Shropshire
Weaver . Cinderford and Walford Herefordshire also Ross, Australia & Pontypridd
Thomas - Williamstown, Tonypandy
Trembath - Cornwall & Williamstown Wales

Offline giblaw

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Germany: KITSCHKER family
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 08 April 09 08:36 BST (UK) »
 :) thank you sue for your great information it has given me somewhere to start i guess figuring out what they mean on the german sites will be a challenge  once again thank you so much. - chris

Offline a red hat

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 04 May 18 21:46 BST (UK) »
Hello

I have been recently searching for my Fathers family as I know his mum was called Kitschker and lived in Wells Street, Cardiff.  I wonder if any connection here with yours search.  I have traced back to my great great granddad Franz Kitschker of the Amalienhoff parish. married date 1857.   Then his father in law was Amandus Hitschker.

Best wishes
Carol

Offline Jessicaab95

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 09 November 19 16:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am related to the kitschkers my great great grandfather was georg kitschker married to mary Ashton , he had a son called franz , my great grandfather is rudolf also his son