Author Topic: Richard Cheetham Photographer Dublin  (Read 16115 times)

Offline dottyc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Cheetham Photographer Dublin
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 05 September 10 17:31 BST (UK) »
hello again,

yes, i am the sister of irene and diana.  i have met doreen many times also.  i think the last time i heard of her she was living in hoole.   is this still the case.   my mother, muriel, wife of richard chastel, died only about 3 years ago at 97.   she would have been so thrilled by all this it makes me want to cry...

my sister rene died also one year after my mum, and diana, the other sister cut herself off from both rene and myself when muriel became ill.   very sad and we dont really know why.   i think u  must know of my 2 cousins.   george and helens daughters.   i think my uncle george came to ludlow for lessons in photography.   he had two girls valerie and judi.   

i am not quite sure  to which part of the family you belong.   i only really knew auntie betty, and auntie doddy and i met quite a few brothers at the 50th wedding anniversary of john edwin and "sissie" (my granny).

by the way in live in geneva, switzerland but come very often to the uk.   both london and southport.

cant wait for your news,

much love dotsxxxx

Offline dottyc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 05 September 10 17:37 BST (UK) »
hello again,

this must be a third or a fourth posting.   i see my cousin judi from time to time.  she lives in marple and runs the Winterson shop there.   

speak later
dotsxxx

Offline JeannieR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with eldest grandson Nick, now 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 05 September 10 17:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Again....

Still stunned !

I will phone Doreen tomorrow. We are seeing her on the 18th for lunch. she now lives just outside Morecambe. Next month , we are meeting up with Margaret , who is Auntie Betty's grandaughter. She lives in Normandy.....I will pass on all this news to her........

I am also in touch with a grandaughter of Uncle Dickie, he was also a photographer....

Jim's grandfather, Augustus Alexander Cheetham/Richards, was the brother of your Granny . When we are in touch by email....I will send a copy of the family tree , so you know where we fit in .

I am just going to change my profile picture, and put one up of your Granny , Great Grandmother, and Great Great Grandmother, taken in 1901....

Love

Jeannie

Will send my email in a PM
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline judiw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 06 September 10 10:17 BST (UK) »
Hello JeannieR

Received an email from cousin Dorothy in Geneva with this link so decided to add to the story.  My father George Edwin became a photographer and spent time with his cousin Leslie in Ludlow.  I remember Leslie and Marjorie well as we visited as a family and also a friend and myself visited them in Ludlow in the late 60's.  That was the last time I remember seeing them both.  They lived in a bungalow if I remember correctly and had a shop not far from the castle. I wonder if your father Jim remembers my father George? I am sure Doreen will remember my sister Val.

I never realised that there was so many family members out there!

Best wishes

Judi

Offline JeannieR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 06 September 10 12:10 BST (UK) »
Hello Judi......

This is amazing !
 How lovely to hear from you. I started doing Jim's side of the tree just over two years ago, and since then , I am in touch with quite a few members of the family. Jim said he was the only one, of only ones, so had no cousins. He quite forgot , that his grand father was one of 10 .

Only recently, I was contacted, again through Rootschat, by a grandson of Richard Morris Cheetham (Uncle Dickie ) Richard was your grandmothers elder brother, born in Liverpool 1876.

I am also in touch with Aunty Betty's grandaughter, Margaret , daughter of Theo, who was Doreens brother. We are seeing Doreen on the 18th. Margaret lives in Normandy, but will be in England the week commencing October 4th. I am just going to email her with all this news, she will be thrilled. She has quite a lot of photographs, taken at your grandparents Golden Wedding, by your father.

I am also in touch with descendents of Great Grandmother Cheetham, nee Crouch. Through her brother, William Morris Crouch.

I am going to email Dorothy, with the family tree, perhaps she will pass it on to you.

Look forward to seeing you at some point

Best Wishes

Jeannie

Offline dottyc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 06 September 10 15:46 BST (UK) »
Hello Judi and Jeannie,

Just to let you know that I read your messages.  This is getting more and more exciting.   Is Val on email cos I am sure she would be interested also?

I would like to know if Leo is still alive.   I met him many times and he called round to visit my parents and my Auntie Dorothy from time to time.   I dont think I ever met his daughter Margaret but sort of remember my parents talking of her.  I certainly do not remember her being at Sissie's wedding anniversary.   Was there a Gus also?

Am in London at the moment.   Just arrived.

Ttfn dotsxxx

Offline JeannieR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 06 September 10 16:16 BST (UK) »
Dotty and Judi.....

Just to let you know, that I have contacted Margaret, and she has already emailed Dotty.

Margarets father, Theo died some years ago, but her mum Edna, was 90 last year
Jim's grandfather , was Augustus Alexander Cheetham, known as Gus . He was also a photographer at Mill Street, Ludlow. He died in 1946

I have just about crossed the T's and dotted the I's on the family tree, I intend to forward it to you, as a PDF . Is that OK ? Also, should I wait until you are home, Or can you access your emails, whilst you are away ?

Do you have the photograph of Great Grandfather Cheetham, that I have now put as my profile picture....

Love Jean and Jim

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 06 September 10 16:23 BST (UK) »
It's lovely when relatives find each other through Rootschat but please remember that you aren't allowed to post details of living people.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline dottyc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 06 September 10 22:22 BST (UK) »
hello jean,

i can certainly access my email whilst in london and cannot wait for the family tree as i am getting quite confused and it's stopping me sleeping!!!!!  can u tell me though who betty was married to?   thanks for all the info.

love dotsxxx