Author Topic: NEWMAN, Rebecca  (Read 2831 times)

Offline adoe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: NEWMAN, Rebecca
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 11 June 17 10:37 BST (UK) »
That is quite possible. I know I have a whole lot I need to delete from my tree that is not right (the ones that go way back thousands of years). It seems that Ancestry has scam tres and silly me - I was new to all of this, and I merged my tree once. Big mistake!

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: NEWMAN, Rebecca
« Reply #10 on: Monday 12 June 17 12:34 BST (UK) »
Hello Ciderdrinker again
Just a few possible leads on John Newman.
Baptism at Southrop 21.9.1813 John Newman s of Richard and Hannah Newman day labourer Southrop village.
Tithe map 1840 a John Newman owns about nine  fields in Southrop but looks like he is the John Newman yeoman who died 1840 (there's a Will so not yours),and a Mary Newman is renting a cottage from someone else at parcel no 152 William Lawrence.
John moves to the Birmingham area and is with a new wife Jane Craddock on the 1851 at Reynolds St
at Harborne
John Newman 36 labourer southrop
Jane  38 laundress Cannock
George 14 ? carrier Southrop
James 12 Southrop
Sarah J Newman 9 Smethwick

(Sarah Jane Newman was registered as Sarah Jane Craddock June 1842 Birmingham illegitimate).
Jane Craddock her mother was baptised at Cannock 30.5.1812 d of Richard and Sarah Craddock labourer
And John and Jane  marry in Kings Norton Mar 1851.I can't see a transcript of that marriage.
But there is another interesting one at St George's Birmingham 13.7.1843
Charles Richard Newman lab Moseley St Richard lab
Jane Craddock Moseley st d of Richard lab
wit George Row and S Phillips.

Unfortunately John Newman makes a cross on both the marriage with Mary Wilkins and this marriage so nothing to make a  comparison.
The children seem to stay put and marry in Birmingham but John and Jane disappear.
However there are two possible deaths in Victoria Australia

John Newman Victoria 1859 age 45
Jane Newman Victoria 1855 age 40.

Just something to ponder perhaps?

Ciderdrinker