Author Topic: Rowntree / Rountree - Armagh  (Read 19668 times)

Offline ulsterman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rowntree / Rountree - Armagh
« Reply #18 on: Monday 24 March 14 20:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi my great grandmother was Mary Anne Rowntree/Rountree/. My grandmother was Elizabeth who married John King. Their children were Alfie, Dorothy, Evelyn Francis, Mary, Jack, & Edith.  Evelyn Francis was my mother. Only Edith is still alive.   

Offline Kohab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 25 March 14 23:02 GMT (UK) »
Greetings,

Your great grandmother Elizabeth was Annie,my great grandmothers younger sister, which makes us third cousins. Do you still live near Armagh? My branch of the family moved to Atherstone in North Warwickshire. My Mum did go over to Loughgall with her Mum in about 1947, a couple of years after her Dad died. She recalled meeting some of your family along with seeing her Mum's family (Douglas) who had a farm in Tullyroan.

One question, were your side of the family tall. Annie was 5' 10" (very tall for a woman bn 1867), whilst my grandfather was 6' 4". How he survived the first battle of the Somme I don't know?

If you would like to know more please get back.

Shaun

Offline Roy_L

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 01 May 14 12:39 BST (UK) »
Hi,
   James ROUNTREE married Rachel McCall in Armagh Second Presbyterian Church on 14 Sept 1909.

Regards

I wonder did they have any children?

I`m trying to trace a Florence Rountrees background. She worked with my mother in London in their young days, she visited us every year back in the 60`s and early 70`s, i reckon she was born 1900`s or thereabouts.
She also stayed at the Orange Hall in Loughgall at that time and there was close connections with the Halligans there

Offline ulsterman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 01 May 14 20:28 BST (UK) »
Hi,
   James ROUNTREE married Rachel McCall in Armagh Second Presbyterian Church on 14 Sept 1909.

Regards

I`m trying to trace a Florence Rountrees background. She worked with my mother in London in their young days, she visited us every year back in the 60`s and early 70`s, i reckon she was born 1900`s or thereabouts.
She also stayed at the Orange Hall in Loughgall at that time and there was close connections with the Halligans there

Offline ulsterman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 01 May 14 20:35 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Regards

Hi.  Florence Rountree was sister of Minnie Rountree who married David Halligan. They lived next door to the Orange Hall in Loughgall.  From relatives I have spoken to Florence - known as Flossie lived in England and looked after a boy possibly called Peter Martin.

Offline Roy_L

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 01 May 14 21:45 BST (UK) »
correct ulsterman, don`t think Florence was ever married, she worked with my mother in London for Commander R. P. Martin and wife Doreen, they also owned this place over here http://www.craigduncastle.com/history/ their only child Peter Stott Martin had MS.

Visited Florence in Loughgall a couple of times, vaguely remember an Alfie and Tommy at the time...

Do you know who her parents were?

Offline thereach100

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 26 December 15 17:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Susan, George was my great grandad and my grandad was Reginald we just started the family tree and wondered how you got on cheers Mark

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 26 December 15 17:56 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat  :) Unfortunately Susan only made that 1 post in 2012 and hasn't logged in here the last 3 1/2 years so you may not get a reply.

There are lots of new online resources available since this thread was started so if you do want help with anything just let us know  :)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline thereach100

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 28 December 15 18:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi I've just started doing the family tree and seem to keep coming across your posts and wondered how you got on. My grandad was Reginald Rowntree son of George who came over from Ireland both lived in Atherstone and we think George was Johns son, let me know if you can help cheers Mark