Author Topic: Royal Artillary in New Zealand??  (Read 527 times)

Offline Elliebob

• RootsChat Senior
  • Maggie Wright 1889-1949
    • View Profile
Royal Artillary in New Zealand??
« on: Saturday 19 February 05 11:10 GMT (UK) »
I have just discovered that my husband's maternal grandparents married overseas in 1891.  Their place of marriage was Wellington (country unknown but could be NZ).  I know that the bride's father was in the RA at the time of her birth.

Does anyone know how I could find out in advance of the certificate arriving?  I would also like to try and discover what they may have been doing in 1891 (in NZ?) besides getting married!

In hope
Ellen
Court, Stratford on Avon, Dorsington, Welford<br />Faulkner,Glos/Warwicks<br />Higgins, Quinton<br />Bennett, Stoke on Trent<br />Stride, Hampshire<br />Wright, Stoke on Trent<br />McConnell, Co Donegal<br />Brooks, Co Donegal, Antrim<br />Jackson, Warwickshire/Isle of Wight/India/army<br />Keefe, Essex, Hampshire/Isle of Wight/army/india<br, Queensland aus. />Chatfield, Sussex

Offline Elliebob

• RootsChat Senior
  • Maggie Wright 1889-1949
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Artillary in New Zealand??
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 19 February 05 12:06 GMT (UK) »
Since last post I have discovered that there is a Wellington in India which makes more sense.

Ellen
Court, Stratford on Avon, Dorsington, Welford<br />Faulkner,Glos/Warwicks<br />Higgins, Quinton<br />Bennett, Stoke on Trent<br />Stride, Hampshire<br />Wright, Stoke on Trent<br />McConnell, Co Donegal<br />Brooks, Co Donegal, Antrim<br />Jackson, Warwickshire/Isle of Wight/India/army<br />Keefe, Essex, Hampshire/Isle of Wight/army/india<br, Queensland aus. />Chatfield, Sussex