Author Topic: India: George Siddall, Dibru Sadiya Railway, Assam  (Read 6705 times)

Offline David1652

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: India: George Siddall, Dibru Sadiya Railway, Assam
« Reply #9 on: Monday 13 July 09 10:26 BST (UK) »
Toby, thanks for both your leads. I'll follow up and see where they lead. David  :)

Offline Deux99

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 09 March 11 00:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi David I am researching where your grandfather is buried for one of your cousins i assume

Offline Lynntony

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sisters
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 09 March 11 18:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi David

Try contacting the people on the following

http://www.koi-hai.com

It's a site for ex-pats and others who used to work in the tea industry in India. I know some have mentioned working in  Dibrugarh so hopefully someone on the site may be able to help.

Tony

ADDED - Only just noticed the date on this query so not sure if still searching!
Lynn:- Shelton, Edwards, Looker, Platt, Ames, Bagley, Cadman, Cokes, Edmunds, Seymour, Waldren, Mulloy, Cockin/Cockayne

Tony:- Davies, Murphy, Kidd, Elwell, Pither, Roper, Marshall, Whelan, Lycett, Farley, Turner, Rhodes

Offline IanRD

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 01 May 15 16:34 BST (UK) »
Hi David,
I hope this reaches you as your post is a few years old and I have only just found it! If you are who I think you are then your mothers name was Vera and she had two sisters - Maud and Muriel (Mu). I am  Maud's grandson and I think we can help each other. I have George Siddall's death certificate - cause given as drowning though my grandmother insisted it was murder - and a first class rail pass for the Dibru Sadiya Railway in the name of Mrs Siddall and three daughters (plus two servants in 3rd class). I also have other family photos, some taken in India/Assam and information about the Siddall family going back to 1806 in Sheffield.

Please get in touch if you get this. I think my father (sadly recently deceased) was your direct cousin.

Ian