Author Topic: CARR family - Norfolk  (Read 12427 times)

Offline DR Arathoon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: CARR family - Norfolk
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 24 April 05 15:41 BST (UK) »
Thank you Mr /MS Ferret 1

I have trouble with the female lines; those name changes etc, but my other lines, Glover, Campbell, Hamilton, Shakespear, Pascoe....etc... are way back to the middle ageswith out much interuption.

It has helped me that a lot of them had land and titles and left wills...I have found old wills the best source of information, usually listing most children and often hints to cousins..

David

Offline tarajobrien

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 02 August 05 05:58 BST (UK) »
Hi

i descend from Matthew Carr born 1808 in Lynn. He was a licenced Virtualler. He had a brother Thomas Carr born 1814 in Lynn. Thomas was a master marine in 1861 and by 1881 had taken over the pub from Matthew after he died.

I do not know their parents.

cheers
Tara
Hertfordshire(Anstey, the Hadham, Reed, Standon): Gault, Hoy, Miles, Smith
Shropshire(Aston Botterell,Burwarton,Stoke St Milborough,Wheathill): Angell, Blackmore, Blakemore, Bennett, Pheysey
Essex(Dunmow,West Ham): Allen, Blackmore, Carr, Sutton
Warwickshire(Birmingham,Edgbaston): Angell
Yorkshire(Doncaster,Hull): Brooks, Doe
London/Middlesex area(Battersea,Wandsworth, Willesden): Angell, Brooks, Carr, Carswell, Salkind
Norfolk (Norwich,Nth Walsham,Lynn,Gt Yarmouth): Carr, Salkind

Offline Joanna Carr

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 07 September 15 14:28 BST (UK) »
To TeddyBear,

I'm not sure whether you still have any information on the Carr family of Weasenham? This is my family and my Dad is visiting this week to see what he can find out about the family. It'd be great if you have any information that could help him start his search?

Many thanks,

Joanna

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 30 October 17 22:24 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, just seen this.

If you are still interested, please drop me a private message. :)

Bear, Burrows, Burroughs, Goll, Mayes, Yull, Bacon, Harvey, Fenn, Youngman, Jary, Lake, Chesney, Yaxley, Freestone, Briggs, Carrington, Frarey, Blaxter, Bennefer, Gosman, Howard, Wildman, Woodbine, Jessop, Taylor, Walpole, etc etc  all in Norfolk.
Weasenham village history and families connected to the villages of Weasenham All Saints & Saint Peter in Norfolk.  Happy to carry out research in Norfolk.  Please PM for details.

Offline Olleyke

• RootsChat Senior
  • Margaret Ann & Frederick Marston, Emmeline Pike
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 02 November 17 14:44 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone.

My 6th great grandfather was George Carr, born 1761 in Thurton, Norfolk, and married Mary Mayes in 1781 in Bergh Apton. They remained in Bergh Apton for many years from then on.

Hi Everyone,

Been reading this board, i live in Norwich do any of you want any photographs of churches, houses, addresses etc?
If you do post me the details and i will get onto it for you.

Probably a useless piece of information but you never know. I grew up in Old Costessey, Norwich there was a family of Carr on West End and i believe are still there today (1963-2005). You often see them driving their horse / pony and trap through the village especially on weekends.

Jackie

Hi Jackie,

I think I may know who you mean. My great uncle lived on West End for many years before he died a few years ago.

Kirsty
BLYTH - Norwich, Bradford
BUCK - Horsham St Faiths
DERBYSHIRE - Lancashire, Leeds
EASTO - Bungay, Diss, Fressingfield, Norwich
EDGE - South Creake
HOLMES - Crostwick, Norwich
JACOBS - Norwich, Tasburgh
LANDAMORE - Old Catton
MANN - Aylsham, Norwich
MURRELL - Norwich
OLLEY - Norwich, Fulham, Great Yarmouth, Hammersmith, Skeyton