Author Topic: f Thomas Sabiston and Agnes orkney islands  (Read 5474 times)

Offline Rina Patricia Hardesty Ihlen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: f Thomas Sabiston and Agnes orkney islands
« Reply #9 on: Monday 12 February 18 18:06 GMT (UK) »
My  Thomas was born in 1714 He married Ann Gorie  in 1732. Some places  it says Agnes. What i am looking for is  his mother and father  and  as far back as  one can.

Thomas and Ann had a son named David born in 1735 some places say 1750 but he was killed by a slave in 1811 in North carolina. He is one of my forefathers.. ;D

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 12 February 18 23:20 GMT (UK) »
No birth of a Thomas predating the marriage.  But starting around 1700 and earlier the records become quite thin.

Marriage of Thomas Sabiston & Anna Gorie, 1732-11-16, Kirkwall & St Ola [IGI/OPR Index: 1732-021]

And the baptisms of their children:

John Sibiston (M), 1734-05-25, Holm [IGI/OPR Index: 1734-019]
David Sibiston (M), 1736-01-25, Holm [IGI/OPR Index: 1736-019]
Jannet Sibistoun (F), 1738-01-24, Holm [IGI/OPR Index: 1738-019]
Magnus Sabiston (M), 1740-10-19, Kirkwall & St Ola [IGI/OPR Index: 1740-021]
Ann Sabiston (F), 1743-04-24, Kirkwall & St Ola [IGI/OPR Index: 1743-021]

There is nothing on Ann/Anna predating her marriage either. 

Don

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Rina Patricia Hardesty Ihlen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 13 February 18 01:08 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much.. You have been a great help.. I bet there is more viking blood in me than i really should have.
My mother was a Norwegian and my father was an American. So i guess my bloodline is really really mixed up.
 From what i know on my mothers side is french, Belgium danish.. my fathers father side is English, yorkshire , fewston
The sabiston line comes from my grandfathers mother who was married to a William Blackledge Sabiston
 her name was  Sarah Jane  nee Dickinson they had a daughter Named Elisabeth Sabiston Hardesty who married Elijah Hardesty

:)