Author Topic: McCABE, JARRETT, GADDES, MACKAY, LYONS, CAMPBELL - Northern NSW  (Read 13658 times)

Offline Brian Smith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: McCABE, JARRETT, GADDES, MACKAY, LYONS, CAMPBELL - Northern NSW
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 04 March 14 21:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jeff,
Thomas and Harriets son Thomas McCabe was my grandfather,
He married Mary Ellena Murphy, they had 6 children Kevin, Jack, Vince, Patrick, Marg, and my mother Agnes, Patrick is the only one surviving.
I believe Thomas and Harriet actually had 12 children the 6 you named plus Mary, Hugh, Patrick, Robert, Dora, and Marguerite. My grandfather named one of his sons Patrick and one of his daughters Marg after Marguerite, this suggests I may be right.

Best Regards
Brian Smith

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 04 March 14 22:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brian, Welcome to rootschat ;D Jeff hasn't been online for over 12 months but he will get a message if he still has correct email address.

Old names and bell ringing. I went to school with a Brian Smith in Sydney.

Cheers

Neil
Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads

Offline Brian Smith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 04 March 14 23:11 GMT (UK) »

Thanks Neil,

Ill check in from time to time,

Best Regards,
Brian Smith

Offline Brian Smith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 04 March 14 23:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jeff,

In regard to Mary Ellena Murphy 1893, I think Mary was born in Woolloomooloo Sydney, the family  went to the gold fields in Western Australia. Unfortunately her mother died in Perth aged 36 (1908), Mary was about 14 years old and the others much younger, the children were sent over to the Bellinger river area where they worked on a farm. Mary eventually met Tom McCabe, I have Marys family tree going back to the indestructible Mary Finn (Limerick)1839 1940, I will post her family tree FYI.

Best Regards,
Brian Smith

Offline Brian Smith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 05 March 14 03:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jeff,

Mary Ellena Murphys family tree.

Regards
Brian Smith

Offline jeffreyjoecarroll

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 10 March 14 22:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi there Brian,

Apologies for the late reply. I've been away from this branch of the family for some time now. Grand information re Mary Ellena Murphy. Thank you so much for supplying it. You've straightened my mind on the workings of that part of the tree. Many new names that I've not come across before. This is a BIG family!!

Mary FINN just kept on going didn't she?

I would strongly suggest you contact a wonderful woman on rootschat (if you haven't already) - Chinka. She has commented on this topic in the past. She's much more closely related to you and I'm sure you two will have a lot to talk about.

If I come across anything new I'll certainly post the information.

All the best,
Jeff

Offline Roger McCabe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 20 January 15 03:43 GMT (UK) »
I have a photo of Thomas McCabe and his wife Harriet McCabe (nee Jarrett). They were my great grandparents. I still live in the Bellinger Valley not far from where they raised their 12 children including Hughie (my grandfather). Unfortunately the file is too large to send as an attachment but if anyone is interested I can email it to you.

Offline jeffreyjoecarroll

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 21 January 15 01:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi there Roger,

'Chinka' sent me a dozen or so delightful old photos some time ago, including one of Thomas & Harriett. If I read it correctly I think it says from Solomon Studio in the bottom right section. You'll soon work out who Chinka is....I believe she has left a message for you after your post went up. Bellinger Valley - such a pretty place. You're lucky to live there!!

Jeff

Offline Roger McCabe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 21 January 15 12:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jeff,
Glad you have the photo of Thomas and Harriet, it is a lovely old picture. I do know "Chinka" and now remember her telling me about this site some time ago, must give her a call. Have you any information regarding children of Mary McCabe, she died in a car accident on the Dorrigo Mtn in 1914 aged 28 and was one of Thomas and Harriet's children. I thought she may have had a child but have not found a record yet, she was married to her uncle (John McCabe) at the time.
I am very happy and lucky to live in the Bellinger Valley and raise my kids here, one of my daughters is called Harriet.
Cheers,
Roger.