Author Topic: St. Josephs Cemetery,The Rock, Ballyshannon.  (Read 43101 times)

Offline Summerhill

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: St. Josephs Cemetery,The Rock, Ballyshannon.
« Reply #27 on: Monday 23 November 09 19:11 GMT (UK) »
Also would anyone know of or have information about the Mc Guinness Family of Westport ,Ballyshannon who may have been plumbers?

Again any help greatly appreciated

Offline remccallum2001

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 04 December 09 22:23 GMT (UK) »
St. Joseph's cemetary; searching for James McCollum or McCallum, died in 1894 or 1895, 9 months old, Father Frank says no records after 1929.

Any way to help find baby James grave?  I am in San Francisco, CA;

Offline Summerhill

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 05 December 09 20:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi There remccallum,
if Baby James died in 1894/1895 then there surelymust be a burial record somewhere.  Fr. Frank Says no records after 1929 so therefore if Baby James died in 1894 then there must be a burial record for him.  Could you try the local undertakers in Ballyshannon?  or the local historical historical society.

If you look at www.yourlocal.ie then enter Balllyshannon and then the business i.e. undertakers this site should give you the names & addresses of local undertakers.  Also can you try Donegal Ancestry. and also look up the Magh Ene parish website this gives the St. Josephs Ballyshannon website.  From this site they give further information on geneaological matters.

I hope this helps and good luck with your search.

Summerhill.

Offline mc guinness 10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 10 January 10 10:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello Rathmore,
Thanks for your replies.  I am sorry that I have not replied sooner but a neighbours son was drowned tragically at the weekend he was only 23 RIP , so with the funeral etc, it is only now that I have come on line.

I was so sorry to hear about your difficulties.  land is always a sore spot with some people.  I am married to a farmer... need I say more.

On my great grand parents marriage ( James McGowan & Bridget Mc Guinness) at st. Marys Church, Bundoran on 29th June, 1899, Bridgets father is listed as John Mc Guinness and her residence at time of marriage only states Ballyshannon. No street or townsland given only ballyshannon.

so maybe they lived on the Ballyshannon/Bundoran border.  I dont know.  So thats why I wrote to the priest to see if his church registers carried any further information. And it may not even be the right marriage certificate.  This is the one ireceived from Donegal Ancestry, in Ramelton, Co. Donegal.

I wrote to them, when I received no reply from the priest.

Offline mc guinness 10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 10 January 10 10:23 GMT (UK) »
i am married to paul mc guinness who father hugh was a plumber from west port ballyshannon ?

Offline mc guinness 10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 10 January 10 10:26 GMT (UK) »
Also would anyone know of or have information about the Mc Guinness Family of Westport ,Ballyshannon who may have been plumbers?

Again any help greatly appreciated

Offline mc guinness 10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 10 January 10 10:27 GMT (UK) »
i am married to paul mc guinness whos father was hugh a plumber from the port and whos uncle was the fr eunan !

Offline Summerhill

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 10 January 10 19:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi There Mc Guinness 10 ,Thank you for answering my post. 
Delighted toknow that your husband is a nephew of Fr. Eunan.

Well as my granny died in 1963 and my grandad and father are also dead, I know very little about my Ballyshannon relatives except that my great grandparents were BridgetMcGuinness who married James mc Gowan in Bundoran church in 1899.
James McGowan was from Westport Ballyshannon , but I do not know where my great Granny came from but may have been Westport too.  When my Great grandparents married my great grandfathers occupation at the time was a plumbers apprentice.  BY the time my Granny Elizabeth was born in 1905 in Westport,Ballyshannon , James'had obviously finished his training and was listed as a Plumber on her birth cert.

My great grandparents had 5children. Mary kate born 1900, Margaret born 1906, and two boys named John, born 1902 & 1908. Granny Elizabeth, born 1905.  Sadly all grannys siblings died in infancy.  Also Grannys mother Bridget died on her holy communion day may have been about 1911/1912.  James Mc Gowan died later than she did ,but I don't know when.

I also know that Fr.Eunan was a friar and he was a cousin of grannys.  I have a picture taken of them both together in 1961.  What I am trying to find is my great grandparents grave
and also to go further backin my family history research.
questions such as did Bridget Mc Gowan (nee Mc Guinness)have any siblings.  What her parents names were.  If James Mc Gowan had siblings and his parents names too.  Having this information will help me enormously in my research.

If you could help me in this regard I would be very grateful.

Thanks once again for replying,

Summerhill.

Offline remccallum2001

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 10 January 10 19:36 GMT (UK) »
Malchie,

I need someone to try to find a grave at St. Joseph's; James McCollum or McCallum; died 1893-1895 at 9 months old.  Parents Patrick McCollum (or McCallum) and Rose Dolan-McCollum or McCallum.

I will pay for your service, please let me know how much.  I live in San Francisco.

I asked Father Frank; he said there were not records for graves before 1912 or so.

Thank you,

Richard McCallum (*)

hi summerhill i live in ballyshannon know the priest will try and find out as much as i can for you what month and date did they marry and did they continue to live in Ballyshannon will look up cenus for Balyyshannon. give me a couple of days and i will see what i can do

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php