Author Topic: CHRISTOPHER family  (Read 11367 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: CHRISTOPHER family
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 25 April 09 09:32 BST (UK) »
1841 Census has George, widower, with following children;

Eliza 15
Mary 14
Henry 13
Jerimiah 5

Possible marriage for George from IGI

George SPIERING
Elizabeth HUNT
24 October 1813
Durweston, Dorset

Death ;        Freebmd
Elizabeth SPEARING
December 1837
Wimbourne & c
8 101

Trish

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Midlanders

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 25 April 09 09:58 BST (UK) »
Hello Robb,
Regarding your Christopher research we think a family near us in Dorset could be related, as know they have a Newman connection mentioned.
My wife just sees them occasionally whilst shopping, but we could drop a little note through the door of their home if you think may be a good idea? Also know of a long-established Cutler family living not too far away, I used to do work for them one time.
Just a thought.
Midlanders

Offline ROBBF

• RootsChat Extra
  • victim of the humour police
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 25 April 09 12:38 BST (UK) »
This is all fantastic  never in my wildest dreams did I think   so much info could be found   I can not thank you all enough  too to let you know the reasons for it all 
I have been trying to put together the life of Montague Christopher who was killed  WW1 age 32  leaving a widow and small children  Matilda his widow  was  my great great grandmothers niece  . they moved to Brigg in lincolnshire where  Monty joined the EAST YORKSHIRE  REG  His name is on the memorial  in the village   I have the address of the  home  that he left all those years ago never to see again ,   I remember as a youngster meeting Matilda in the 1960's and the stories my Mother and Aunt  told me of her and Monty  As I plan to go and visit COLINCAMPS
war graves this year to pay my respects  to those that fell  I have been trying to learn about the only member of our family to lose his life in that conflict .
all this information has given me an idea of his roots  and it has been wonderfull .
I would be delighted if you could drop a note in the door Midlanders I will pm MY DETAILS for you to give them 

Once again thank you all  I feel a bit closer to  Monty  today
Bird, Chedzey ,Kingdon ,Govier  Wheadon
Somerset primary area of research

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 25 April 09 14:16 BST (UK) »

Its  funny you should say what you did as because of Monty dying I have put extra effort into this :)

Until I started my Family research 2 yrs ago I did not realise that I had anyone die WW1 or WW2 from my ancestry. Now I know better and as it is Anzac Day today here in Australia attended my first Dawn Service to commemorate them :'(

So to Monty and mine;

Lest we Forget

Trish
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline ROBBF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 25 April 09 15:47 BST (UK) »

My Thoughts to you all on ANZAC day  may time be a healer and maemories be only happy .

Offline stinky pete

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 21 December 13 14:56 GMT (UK) »
Are you still out there Robb. Montague William was my wife's grandfather. I have photograph,s of Montague and Matilda, and of Jesse and Ellen's family at Manswood if you are interested.

Offline ROBBF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 03 February 14 19:32 GMT (UK) »
 Hi  Pete  yes please  lol  have sent you a pm  with e mail etc

Robb

Offline Di Christopher Leake

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 08 February 14 21:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi l am Montague Christopher's daughter in law, he was Montie's son, is there anyone who can tell me how Montie and Matilda Chedzoy met? I need to know ASAP for a BBC programme about Montie dying onThe Somme, many thanks in anticipation x :)

Offline Di Christopher Leake

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 08 February 14 21:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi to S.... Peter we would love to see any photographs of Mont and Matilda, we only have one! Also any of Jesse and Ellen Christopher, please :)