Author Topic: BURTON family - Victoria  (Read 12687 times)

Offline RSMACL

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BURTON family - Victoria
« Reply #27 on: Friday 01 May 09 10:49 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sue, I will try that site - we'll see what eventuates. ;D Ruth

Offline RSMACL

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 02 May 09 01:11 BST (UK) »
Does Edward William Wilson show up in Victorian Electoral rolls anywhere - between 1902 and 1943; also/or Harold Edward Wilson, between 1906 and 1980.  Harold Edward (Ted)'s wife was Esme, don't know her maiden name, they had an only daug. Margaret (Peggy)Wilson, possibly born around 1930 or so. She married a Kenneth P. Smith, and had three (?) children, lived East Ringwood area at one time. 
Any info. re  Ernest (Ernie) Wm. Wilson's wife and children?  Thanks for all the help.  Ruth

Offline Raylen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 02 May 09 06:02 BST (UK) »
Does Edward William Wilson show up in Victorian Electoral rolls anywhere - between 1902 and 1943; also/or Harold Edward Wilson, between 1906 and 1980. Harold Edward (Ted)'s wife was Esme, don't know her maiden name, they had an only daug. Margaret (Peggy)Wilson, possibly born around 1930 or so. She married a Kenneth P. Smith, and had three (?) children, lived East Ringwood area at one time.
Any info. re Ernest (Ernie) Wm. Wilson's wife and children? Thanks for all the help. Ruth

Do you mean Ernest William?

Marriage:
WILSON Ernest Wm
SLINGO Elsie May
1928  Reg# 2431

Electoral Roll
1931 Ellison Street,Ringwood
Ernest William Wilson - Grocer
Elsie May Wilson - Home Duties

1936  7 Chester Street, Surrey Hills
Ernest William Wilson - Grocer
Elsie May Wilson - Home Duties

Marriage:
WILSON Harold Edward
ANDERSON Esma Alice Annie
1928 Reg# 6294

Electoral Roll
1931  'Wyoming' 10 Lucerne St Mentone
Esma Alice Annie Wilson - Home Duties
Harold Edward Wilson - Grocer

1936 Echuca Road,Rochester
Esma Alice Anie Wilson - Home Duties
Harold Edward Wilson - Grocer

Hope this helps,

Raylen
Tuck-Baydon,Wiltshire
Woolford-Hampshire
Christie-Stirling

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 02 May 09 07:24 BST (UK) »
HI,
If you think Ted and Esme may have died at Rochester, you can enquire through this email address.

Rochester Cemetery

d.stenningATvmia.vic.gov.au      replace AT with @

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline RSMACL

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 02 May 09 07:30 BST (UK) »
 ;D Fantastic help - more information in the past few days, than for years.  Why didn't I think of it before???   
Sue, they could well have died at Rochester.  Last I heard they were living in Balwyn, in unit near their married dau. However dau. & husb. moved and I lost track of her, so perhaps the family moved to Rochester.
 Thanks very much Raylen for your information.  Yes this is right people - sorry I typed Edward instead of Ernie in my query. Thanks for all your help.   
Ruth 8) ;D

Offline RSMACL

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 02 May 09 07:55 BST (UK) »
Sue - just reading through replies again, Raylen has given me Harold Edward Wilson as dyiing and cremated Springvale Botanical Cemetery in 21.5.1980.  Don't have any record of death and/or burial of wife Esme? 
Why did you suggest Rochester cemetery - where is this by the way?  Thanks, Ruth.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 02 May 09 08:46 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I mentioned it smply because the 1936 electoral roll found them there.

If, however, you know that they were back in suburban  Melbourne after the Rochester sojourn, you will probably not find her at Rochester.

Rochester is a country town north of Melbourne and is primarily farming land.  It is more than 200 kilometers from Melbourne.

I apologise.I thought I had read the details given in the thread but must have missed the burial location of Harold Edward which Raylen noted.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline RSMACL

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 02 May 09 10:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sue.  They could quite possibly have been in Rochester for some years - I remember them in later years, when they lived in unit near their only dau. in Balwyn North or East, not sure what the suburb was exactly.  This would have been in 1950-1960's or later.  Ruth

Offline RSMACL

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 08 May 09 01:24 BST (UK) »
I am now also looking for only child of above Harold Edward & Esma WILSON - who was named Margaret (Peggy) WILSON, & married to KENNETH P. SMITH, in November 1951, and possibly born around 1929.  Peggy/Ken. travelled to England on honeymoon on S.S. 'Maloja' in November 1951 (on same ship as me, for company).
As mentioned previously, I know Peggy & Ken. lived in North Balwyn area in around 1960's on (?) but later sold their house and moved.  They had two or three children  from memory.   Peggy is my cousin, we were quite close when teenagers and later,  and I would love to find out more about them.  They may of course both have died by now. 
Impossible to find them in WhitePages.com.au due to common surname, and not knowing where they could be living.  And telephone book doesn't help to narrow them down.
They may show up in the Electoral Rolls somewhere - grateful for any help.  Regards, Ruth MacLeod