Author Topic: DOLPHIN's of Aston B'ham  (Read 8342 times)

Offline cattellfamsearch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DOLPHIN's of Aston B'ham
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 19 April 17 18:51 BST (UK) »
Hi, It's been a while since your last message here, but I have only recently found my Dolphin connection.  Bridget Wise  born Upton Warren, Bromsgrove (1764) married Rev Thomas Cattell in Leamington Spa in 1797.  Bridget's Parents were Matthew Wise Esq and Martha Dolphin of Birmingham 1735.  I believe Martha's Father was Edward Dolphin. Any connections?

Jane

Offline TonyDolphin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 20 April 17 09:02 BST (UK) »
The only Edward DOLPHIN I have on my tree is Edward B.1857 at Solihull, I have no mention of a Martha. Edward was christened at St Aphledge, Solihull on 16th Sept 1857, his father was Edwin Avery DOLPHIN, Sorry I cannot be of any more help

Regards Tony Dolphin

Offline James1969

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 14 December 22 17:52 GMT (UK) »
Going further back...

Does anyone have any information on the Dolphins from the 1600s and further back?

I am related to the branch who ended up at Moss House, Shenstone in the 17th century. The house came into the family through marriage in 1609. Before this they were in Yardley (where much of the family remained). I have been trying to piece together a family tree from the parish records of St Edburgha's, Yardley.

I was wondering if anyone has any further information on the early Dolphins?

Offline James1969

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 08 January 23 18:55 GMT (UK) »
The only Edward DOLPHIN I have on my tree is Edward B.1857 at Solihull, I have no mention of a Martha. Edward was christened at St Aphledge, Solihull on 16th Sept 1857, his father was Edwin Avery DOLPHIN, Sorry I cannot be of any more help

Regards Tony Dolphin

Just taking a look at Edwin Avery Dolphin. It looks to me like he was actually Edwin Avery. And Edward Dolphin was actually Edward Avery. Edwin does appear to have been christened Edwin Avery Dolphin, but is born to a John Avery and Elizabeth nee Dolphin. He is christened in Tanworth in Arden in 1825. Strangely John Avery and Elizabeth Dolphin don't marry until 1842, when John is 50 and Elizabeth 43. In the 1851 census, they are listed as John Avery, Elizabeth Avery, and Edwin Avery. I can't find an Edward Avery Dolphin christened, but there is an Edward Avery christened in 1857, Solihull, to Edwin Avery.