Author Topic: Reynolds:Meidrim  (Read 2774 times)

Offline steve.reyns

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Reynolds:Meidrim
« on: Sunday 03 May 09 21:57 BST (UK) »
Hi 1st time on here :)

This is probably a long shot but I need some help. My Grandad - Thomas Edward Reynolds was born in Meidrim on the 1st of November 1926 - sadly his mother passed away whilst giving birth to him - because his mum was only 18 and unmarried when she fell pregnant very little is known about my grandad's father - my great grandfather. My Grandad was brought up by his Grandfather also known as Thomas Edward Reynolds. Is there anyway I could find out any info on my great grandfather - he was also around the age of 18 at the time and is believed to have had the surname jones and resided at bwlch farm?? I have no idea where to start

steve

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Reynolds:Meidrim
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 May 09 23:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve and welcome to Rootschat

I am assuming that there is no fathers name shown on you grandfathers birth cert.

I'm sorry - but there is very little chance of establishing his fathers name given just the surname of Jones
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline bevbee

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 07 May 09 14:40 BST (UK) »
"Bwlch" a farm of about 140 acres was occupied in 1901 by a Thomas Rees, his wife, seven children and three servants. No reference to anyone by name of Jones.
Given that the mother was said to be 18 then too early for her to appear. The 1911 Census will be available later this year and provided she was born in the parish of Mydrim there will be a good chance of finding her in that Census.

Of interest - the 1901 Census for Mydrim has only one person by the name of Reynolds, a young lad of 5 years old born in Skewen.

Don't suppose that helps does it?  ::)

Ambrose; Llandilofawr, Pennsylvania.
Grindley; Llandilofawr, Ohio, Louisiana, Washington DC.
Rees(e); Pennsylvania.
Lewis, Llandilofawr.

Offline steve.reyns

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 18 May 09 20:41 BST (UK) »
hi thanks for the reply much appreciated i've been speaking to my dad and he seems to remember my grandad saying that we had relatives near skewen so perhaps that would explain that and he's told me at this time my grandad's family were living in the nearby parish of Llanboidy. They moved to meidrim at a later date. He also said that the mystery man with surname Jones? was working at Bwlch I would have asked my grandad but he would never speak about it. I was hoping to get some info as my grandads father married had more children with a different woman so would be interesting to see if I have relatives I'm not currently aware of.

Many Thanks once again

steve  :)

Offline JasperRees

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 05 January 11 21:59 GMT (UK) »
Dear Bevbee,

I found this thread on the google search and was intrigued by this:

"Bwlch" a farm of about 140 acres was occupied in 1901 by a Thomas Rees, his wife, seven children and three servants.

Thomas Rees was my great grandfather. That year I think he moved to another farm in Meidrim by the name of Corn Gafr. 1901 was the year my grandfather was born. Do you have any further information on the Reeses of either Bwlch Farm or Corn Gafr that you'd be able to share.

Best wishes,

Jasper

Offline bevbee

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 09 January 11 12:10 GMT (UK) »
PMed you, but no further info, sorry.  :(
Ambrose; Llandilofawr, Pennsylvania.
Grindley; Llandilofawr, Ohio, Louisiana, Washington DC.
Rees(e); Pennsylvania.
Lewis, Llandilofawr.