Author Topic: Pembrokeshire Photographers 1860-1920  (Read 31142 times)

Offline photocollector

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pembrokeshire Photographers 1860-1920
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 30 March 17 11:34 BST (UK) »
I have  a cabinet photograph of a jockey dressed in royal silks by S J Allen / Ernest Allen of Pembroke Dock/ Haverfordwest / Cardigan . Does anyone know if they are the sons of Charles Smith Allen photographer of Tenby and what years they were active. The jockey looks very much like Fred Archer.

Offline mallroy

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 17:53 BST (UK) »
Hi To the original poster - I realise your OP was 2009, so I imagine your museum project may have been completed long ago! However, I am seeking information on my great-grandmother C.C. Higgs who I am told may have had a photographic studio on the High St in Haverfordwest circa 1910. Was she one of the fifty you mentioned in your original post? I would be very grateful for any information you may have or to be pointed in the right direction in my efforts to find out a little more about her. I am happy to receive a PM about this. I have links local newspapers that used her photos at that time. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 20:28 BST (UK) »
Hello Malroy,

Welcome to RootsChat :) The poster has been notified of your reply and has been online recently hopefully they will reply to you very soon.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk