Author Topic: Fromelles missing - Horace Robinson  (Read 12666 times)

Offline Tjapaltjarri

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fromelles missing - Horace Robinson
« Reply #27 on: Monday 05 October 09 18:53 BST (UK) »
Hi all.

I have finally found the front end of these threads lol.

It would I think be helpful if the fromelles.net group could put together another list on their site with a running update of where they've got to with tracing descendants of those with no direct relatives involved.

It could start with the list of names and whether a relative has been found to match 'X' chromosome DNA, Maternal Mitochondrial DNA.

In the absence of information from the MOD about the yields and types of useful DNA from the human remains they have unearthed it seems prudent to be in a position where all possible checks could be 'in place' well before the unveiling next year.

Mary Elizabeth Simpson appears to have been the daughter of Harry Simpson and Hannah Sawes, married in 1857. She had two sisters according to the 1871 census.

H
Attwood-WOR,Blackford-Blockley,Brightman-Spalding,Carey-Wainfleet,Cave-Spalding,Collop-Chigwell,Cook-Wickham Market,Cooper-Pettistree,Dabbs-Humber,Davis-Pancras,Foyster-LIN, Dawson-Gt Hale,Eastcott-CON,Fenton-NFK,Foord-Horsmonden,Goble-SSX,Howell-GLO,Kellow-St Teath,Kent-Southwark,King-Lamberhurst,Parmenter-Halstead,Penaluna-CON,Polglase-Falmouth,Press-NFK,Redgrove-SRY,Rice-N Ireland,Ruddell-Rotherhithe,Screech-Saltash, Skerry-NFK,Surman-WOR,Waghorn-KEN,Weatherhog-LIN,Williman-NFK

Offline Tjapaltjarri

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 06 October 09 09:41 BST (UK) »
I have found a potential maternal mDNA link for this man.

Any use?

H
Attwood-WOR,Blackford-Blockley,Brightman-Spalding,Carey-Wainfleet,Cave-Spalding,Collop-Chigwell,Cook-Wickham Market,Cooper-Pettistree,Dabbs-Humber,Davis-Pancras,Foyster-LIN, Dawson-Gt Hale,Eastcott-CON,Fenton-NFK,Foord-Horsmonden,Goble-SSX,Howell-GLO,Kellow-St Teath,Kent-Southwark,King-Lamberhurst,Parmenter-Halstead,Penaluna-CON,Polglase-Falmouth,Press-NFK,Redgrove-SRY,Rice-N Ireland,Ruddell-Rotherhithe,Screech-Saltash, Skerry-NFK,Surman-WOR,Waghorn-KEN,Weatherhog-LIN,Williman-NFK

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 06 October 09 09:51 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

May I suggest you send a pm to fedelmar with details of that DNA link.

Just Moi.
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Tjapaltjarri

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 25 November 09 09:07 GMT (UK) »
I have had a positive contact from an mDNA line relative of Horace Robinson who is contacting the Australian MOD to participate in their project.

Best,

Howard

Offline Tjapaltjarri

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 21 September 10 18:12 BST (UK) »
I've looked back to my email correspondence on this man and see that I sent the details of the identified MtDNA relative who now lives in Victoria Australia to Tim and Sandra. I was rather hoping that they would contact the man - identified by his cousin, as I believe he is a great nephew via Horace's sister to inquire whether he had been able to assist the MOD as I was indicated by his cousin that he might.

Best

Howard

Offline Marg OLEARY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 19 June 15 11:36 BST (UK) »
Still looking for a Y donor for Horace Robinson. Lookng in UK, have a tree and have a target name, but cant pick him out as name too common!!
anyone able to help?

Marg O'Leary
Fromelles Association