Author Topic: Babies named after dead siblings  (Read 7079 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Babies named after dead siblings
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 09 May 09 22:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks KHP( Hey--- I`m getting briefer!) Viktoria.

Offline mother25

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 09 May 09 23:51 BST (UK) »
Not a lot more to read of The Da Vinci Code so this will be next. Thanks again. Viktoria.

I've read the DaVinci Code three times  ::) Couldn't put it down...read it in one afternoon  ;D  I've just finished reading Angels and Demons, second time, and again read it in one afternoon  ::)  Going to see the film next week....can't wait  ;D   DaVinci Code DVD has been watched many times. Funny thing is, although I know the story I still enjoy it and get something new from it every time  ;D I've also pre-ordered Dan Brown's new book due out in September...Robert Langdon is back so should be another good read.....can you tell I like his books  ;D ;D

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 10 May 09 11:25 BST (UK) »
There is a thread where Rootschatters discuss books they've read, your comments would be of interest on there mother25.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/069f/   

Lizzie

Modified - Oops just noticed you already contribute mother25.  Oh well perhaps others will be interested too.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 10 May 09 11:33 BST (UK) »
KHP.....I too have read "Call the Midwife" and really enjoyed it...she also has written another one..."In The Shadow of the Workhouse"
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline mother25

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 10 May 09 18:30 BST (UK) »
There is a thread where Rootschatters discuss books they've read, your comments would be of interest on there mother25.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/069f/   

Lizzie

Modified - Oops just noticed you already contribute mother25.  Oh well perhaps others will be interested too.

Just had a quick look at what I posted on the books thread and realised I said I'd read Angels and Demons three times, when in fact I've only read it twice  :-[  Confusing it with DaVinci Code I think  ;D
However I did enjoy them both  as I said....and that's the absolute truth  ;D

Online Eyesee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 11 May 09 02:03 BST (UK) »
Have not had this in English lines, but have in one of my Scottish lines, twice in one family.

One of them, the elder girl did not die as had been expected, and so they ended up with two Catherines, although the second one was called Kate afterwards to distinguish between the two. There was 22 years between them and the elder one was married and having kids of her own, and was not expected to survive one particular birth. She did survive and went on to have about 12 more after that, living until she was nearly 90. The second Catherine was also 90 when she died.

The other one was in the same family. One son Thomas had died aged 26 days in 1839 in Scotland before the family left. The next child born on the ship in the North Atlantic somewhere in 1840 was a son and was given the name Thomas. The second Thomas lived to 75.

Ian C
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk