Author Topic: Aherns of Doneraile, County Cork  (Read 2525 times)

Offline petercb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Aherns of Doneraile, County Cork
« on: Monday 04 May 09 21:56 BST (UK) »
Hi, My gt grandfather John Ahern was born in Doneraile, County Cork in 1855 and married a Kate Keily in Doneraile in1878. His father was Patrick Ahern and his mother was Margaret Stack.
I know John  had 8 brothers and sisters all born in Doneraile.( I have there names) and he and Kate had 5 children including my grandmother Bridget also all born in Doneraile.(I have there names as well) I would love to know what happend to all the family. Many thanks for reading this.
ps, have added another post with childrens names and d.o.b

Offline petercb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
More Aherns of Doneraile
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 May 09 11:27 BST (UK) »
Hi There. RE my Aherns of Doneraile, County Cork post, I have been told I should have put the childrens names so here goes. Patrick Ahern / Margaret Stack had following children......Patrick b1844...Thomas b1849.....Ellen b1854...John b1855...Bridget b1857...Michael b1859...Richard b1861.. Mary b1863 ..Katherine b1865...
 My gt grandfather John (above ) married Kate or Catherine Kiely and had the following children...Mary b1878...John b1880...Margaret b1882...Catherine b1884.. and last but not least my grandmother Bridget b1886. Anything on any of the above would be gratefully received.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: More Aherns of Doneraile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 May 09 11:42 BST (UK) »
Katherine b1865 was born after Civil registration started so there should be a record of her birth on the Civil Index. You can search this at familysearch : http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#c=1408347;p=2;t=searchable

the other birth for that family are before Civil registration - so parish records would be required. Do you know the religion of the family ?

The later generation of John, Kate and children should all be on the Civil index.

when you find the index details you can order a cert from the GRO www.groireland.ie using the name, year/quarter, registration district, volume and page number.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline petercb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: More Aherns of Doneraile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 09 May 09 12:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Shane. Thank you for reply. Yes it is Doneraile County Cork. I do have all the childrens birth details from the Mallow Heritage site , they were RC. I have not tried the Pilot site so I will give that a go

Offline marmoy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Aherns of Doneraile, County Cork
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 04 October 16 15:35 BST (UK) »
Hi

My gran aunt Ann Cuddy was married to a William Aherne of Doneraile Co. Cork.  She was born about 1896 in Queens County.  I believe she met him at work in the stately home of Lord De Vesci in Abbeyleix.  They had one son Patrick who was born 14/03/1912 in Doneraile, sadly his mother died 25/03/1912.  The child returned and was reared in Queens County by my grandmother.  He died single in 1981.  I am interested in the rest of the Aherne family if you have anything to add to the story.  Many thanks

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Aherns of Doneraile, County Cork
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 09 October 16 22:14 BST (UK) »
Hi, My gt grandfather John Ahern was born in Doneraile, County Cork in 1855 and married a Kate Keily in Doneraile in1878. His father was Patrick Ahern and his mother was Margaret Stack.
I know John  had 8 brothers and sisters all born in Doneraile.( I have there names) and he and Kate had 5 children including my grandmother Bridget also all born in Doneraile.(I have there names as well) I would love to know what happend to all the family. Many thanks for reading this.
ps, have added another post with childrens names and d.o.b
Hi marriage for John Ahern & Kate Reilly 31st Jan 1878 Doneraile witnesses John Sweeney & Anne Connors. ** Note kates surname Not Keily.
All their childrens civil birth records are on www.irishgenealogy.ie as follows
Mary 20Dec 1878, John 19Sept 1880, Margaret 16 Oct 1882, Kate 20 October 1884, Bridget 14 June 1886. In Johns record mothers surname given as RILEY.
www.registers.nli.ie for Baptisms and Marriages in Doneraile Parish.