Author Topic: Fromelles missing - CURRAN (b NSW, enlisted Brisbane)  (Read 33172 times)

Offline Auimfo

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Fromelles missing - CURRAN (b NSW, enlisted Brisbane)
« Reply #108 on: Monday 25 January 10 02:38 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to Sandra for letting me know about the update.   For some reason my emails don't let me know there's been a post on this particular thread - I must not be subscribed for some reason???

What fantastic news and great work by Mum Mum.   It certainly seems that being a professional cook, this Catherine would likely be Joseph's mother as we knew that was her 'profession'.   Therefore I'd say that a search for descendant's of Michael and Ann is most definately the way to proceed.

While I'm dropping in, I'd just like to let everyone know that our work has been well received by the media (as shown by Sandra) and we are continuing to make strides forward.   For this we are greatly indebted to everyone here for your continuing support and wonderful assistance.

Of the 250 bodies recovered from the mass graves, we have been advised that the vast majority are Australian soldiers.   We have also heard that of the 250 remains, after testing, the vast majority yielded viable DNA.   Therefore, should we be able to locate appropriate descendants for DNA matching, a great possibility exists for many of these men to regain their identities.   If this should happen then everyone here can feel very proud that they have played a part in helping to restore these men back to their families.

Cheers,
Tim L.     
Fromelles Descendant

Offline Marg OLEARY

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fromelles missing - CURRAN (b NSW, enlisted Brisbane)
« Reply #109 on: Friday 19 June 15 11:30 BST (UK) »
Good news for Curran

Have found a donor for the male Y DNA, still looking for the female side back in Ireland

Marg O'Leary
Fromelles Association