Author Topic: Fromelles missing - NEVILL (NSW and Qld)  (Read 8258 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Fromelles missing - NEVILL (NSW and Qld)
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 17 May 09 08:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Dee,

I will try to find someone for  Newcastle Herald look up,

edit to add - I phoned a friend :

"sorry, ours are re-cycled each week".

But at least - this is on Qld BDM,
1922/F6487 Nevill Joseph Harold  son of Henry James Nevill and Ada Annie (nee) Smith

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 30 May 09 01:51 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Joseph Harold Nevill, son of Henry James and Ada Annie - we have not advanced this search for quite a number of days, but the searching continues.   

We know he was born NSW, and that his parents by 1917 were in Qld.  He had siblings, and Ruskie's post at the beginning of this thread has many genie clues that several of us have been following up on.

My OH and I will try some thinking outside the square on the Newcastle Herald lookups, hopefully though there will be other clues to follow through on.

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline vickicwilson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 18 October 09 12:05 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I have just returned from a wonderful family history weekend with my 3 girlfriends and arrived home tonight determined to trace the family of my Grandmother, Dulcie Jessie Moore. I searched for her name on Google and found this list!!

I am related to Joseph Harold Nevill, he is the maternal uncle of my grandmother, making him my paternal 3xgreat uncle. Is it too late to ask if I can be of any help with your search? Who do I need to contact?

I am thrilled to see how the list members are willing to provide information that they find & I hope that  can add to other threads in the same way.

As I mentioned I don't have a lot of knowledge about this line, but I am willing to help & am very interested in learning more.

Vicki

Offline fedelmar

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 18 October 09 12:08 BST (UK) »
Hello Vicki ...

You can contact Tim and myself through our website :)

www.fromelles.net

And yes, these are great people and the have helped us tremendously.  We have made contact with families of soldiers when we never thought we would :)

Bright Blessings
Sandra
Essex: PLAYLE, WHITEHEAD, PAWSEY, FARRAR, HYMUS
Cornwall: POND, DUNGEY, WILLIAMS
Kent: AUSTIN, ROSER, WILSON
Sussex: ROSER, WILSON

Offline vickicwilson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 07 May 10 13:47 BST (UK) »
Hello Rootschatters!!

I just wanted to let you know that I had a call from the Defence Dept today to tell me that the DNA sample collected from my father matched the DNA of our missing Fromelles soldier, Joseph Harold Nevill.

I was so excited to receive this news & I just wanted to thank you all for the research that you have done on my paternal line and that without rootschat & Tim's original post on the forum I would never have known about this branch of my family. It has been a very steep & exciting learning curve.

Thanks & I'll post when I know more.

Vicki

Offline aniph

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 07 May 10 22:14 BST (UK) »
That is wonderful news, Vicki.

So happy for you ;D

Annie
Phillips Galway>NZ
Flanagan Queens County>VIC>NZ
Bullock Bristol>Aus
Bury Shropshire>Aus
Maher Kings County>Aus
Pavletich Croatia>VIC>NZ
Delargy  Antrim & NZ

Offline fedelmar

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 08 May 10 02:06 BST (UK) »
Wonderful news Vicki ... had a message from Sherlock today to let me know you had been in touch.

Tim and I are SO HAPPY that 95 boys now have names on their headstones.  A few more to go :)

We also want to give the Rootschatters our heartfelt appreciation for all the hard research and brain storming that has been given to assist in giving the boys a sacred resting places.  Well done all of you.

If any of you ever get to France I am sure it will be on your itinerary to visit Fromelles and put a poppy on the graves and say hello :)

Bright Blessings
Sandra & Tim
Essex: PLAYLE, WHITEHEAD, PAWSEY, FARRAR, HYMUS
Cornwall: POND, DUNGEY, WILLIAMS
Kent: AUSTIN, ROSER, WILSON
Sussex: ROSER, WILSON

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 11 May 10 02:54 BST (UK) »
OH and I are so pleased to learn of your good news Vicki

Offline garyhei

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 31 August 10 00:02 BST (UK) »
Hello to anyone interested,
just to correct some misinformation on this thread .. if I read it correctly, it has Joseph's sister Muriel Gladys as having died in 1911 .. in fact she married then .. and lived to the ripe old age of 92 .. dying in Rockhampton .. she had 4 sons, 5 grandchildren (of which I am one - and some of us remember having seen a photo of Joseph in army uniform on the mantelpiece at my grandparent's home in Rockhampton),  as well as 9 great grandchildren and 8 great great grandchildren so far (some of them are still breeding) ... most are in Queensland .. though I live in France and only just became aware of Joseph being identified in time to get to the Fromelles ceremony in July ...  indeed, I was very  pleased to have been able to go there  .....anyway ... thank you all very much for your wonderful work ....  Gary