Author Topic: harrison armagh  (Read 11221 times)

Offline KatC

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: harrison armagh
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 22 June 13 16:16 BST (UK) »
Did you find Elizabeth Davidson Young or her parents in the 1901 census? 

Offline KatC

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 22 June 13 23:31 BST (UK) »
Dathai may be onto something.  James Harrison and Margaret Nesbitt were married in Muckroe, Monaghan. 

When looking at Whitehouse families,the only Harrisons I saw were Hugh Harrison and siblings.  A search on Charlotte and Robert made it clear that Robert Harrison and Charlotte McKean were parents and then they were also married in Muckroe, Monaghan. 

John's brother Thomas is said to marry Martha McLean which sounds very much like McKean.  These are a lot of coincidences.

Offline susie wong

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 23 June 13 19:16 BST (UK) »
Found Elizabeth Davidson Young on the 1901 irish census.
Living at 22 Factory St (Whitehouse) Antrim with her parents Isabella/James & a sibling Margaret, Elizabeth known as Lizzie age 16

Offline KatC

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 23 June 13 21:43 BST (UK) »
As a wild guess that is Isabella MCAteer of Ballymena possibly with father Alexander and a Presbyterian family.  She marriaed a James in 1864 and James married an Isabella then.  That doesn't help decide if John Harrison is Presbyterian.  The Monaghan Harrrisons  often were and most Lurgan area ones were not. 

Offline Mark Mitchell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 26 April 14 01:45 BST (UK) »
The PRONI land records show John Jr name crossed off his land leaving John Sr.  However when a father died and a Jr had a son with the same name, Jr became Sr.  So I would carefully look at the records and civil death records. John Sr, was b 1787, married Margaret b 1796 and had Elizabeth b 1823, John Jr. and possibly Valentine b. abt 1823.

HELLO anyone still reading this POST ? ?  Contact me at my hotmail pls: (*) Please see reply # 17.   John & Margaret Harrison are my 5th Great Grand Parents.  Mark

Offline susie wong

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 27 April 14 19:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Mark
Not sure if my Harrisons are the same family, could you give me any more info about them

Thanks
Sue

Offline Mark Mitchell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 29 April 14 02:18 BST (UK) »
Hello Susie Wong,    I'm not very good with this website.   Can you email me on my hotmail address please    (*) Please see reply # 17.

I rarely use these types of sites due to lack of success and confusion with searches.    John & Margaret Harrison are my 5th Great Grand Parents, I am not sure of their first daughters name I think it may have been Sarah.   On my first message to you I included the chunk from on of your messages at the beginning. Valentine and Elizabeth were born twins and baptized in 1823 (Elizabeth is my 4th Great Grandmother).  On my Fathers mothers side from 1790's till today the family name has only changed twice ...not bad in this modern world.

Offline KatC

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 29 April 14 06:55 BST (UK) »
To fill in details,  Valentine and Elizabeth were baptized in 1823 at Seagoe's COI church by John and Margaret of Lisnamintry.  Elizabeth was baptized Oct 13, 1827 by the same couple.    John Jr. 28, a farmer in Lisnamintry with father John married Sarah Macoun 28, a farmer with father James of Moyraverty July 31, 1851 at Seagoe.  There is a death/burial record at Seagoe of Margaret of Lisnimintry June 23, 1865 aged 71.  A  Lisnamintry Harrison family was listed in Knocknamuckley's 1857 census: John Sr. 70 farmer,. Margaret 61, and Elizabeth 24.  The Malcolmson families following the Harrison listing mention that Henry Harrison (no location and there were several people of that name at the church) sired a baby by one of their daughters.   A gravestone at Knocknamuckley lists John Harrison of Lisnamintry dying Nov 26,  1885 @71 years and wife Sarah dying Aug 10, 1898 @81 years.

Possibly important are the records of  John and Margery of Drumnagoon having Rachel in 1801 and John in 1803 which sounds far too early.  Henry Dynes Harrison baptized Nov 21, 1814 and Sarah were baptized on Sept 2, 1816 by a John and Margaret, but no location was given. My Seagoe records omit sections of dates, so there may be more information available at Seagoe.  A  Sarah was listed in the 1879 Seagoe census as having son Richard Robinson living with her in Lisnisky,  A Sarah who might be unmarried died in 1900 @ "69."

John born to weaver James and Margaret was born in Ballyhannon as stated, and Isaiah in Levaghrey.  Thomas was born in Edenderry where James was a factory worker per Seagoe records.

Interestingly Pierce and Mary (Sergeant)  Harrison married in 1834 (no details)  are also in Lisnamintry having Letitia 1835 and William John  in 1837.  Pierce is living in Moyraverty when Letitia married. 

With dates off so much, it is hard to say which facts are related, but perhaps family members can specify more locations and names involved. 

Offline Mark Mitchell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 30 January 16 04:12 GMT (UK) »
Hello Guys,   

I did another on the spur internet search which i do randomly because as time goes by more and more content becomes available online.

My 4th Great Grandmother is Elizabeth Harrison born and breed in portadown not sure of her exact birth date but I can confirm Great, Great, Great, Great Grandma Elizabeth along with her TWIN brother where both baptised in 1823 (I have this confirm in writting).

The twins had a big sister and I believe her name was "Sarah Harrison" NONE of the children had middle names. Their Mother and Father are "John and Margaret Harrison" married 1796 in Portadown.

Since 1796 my family name up until my birth (1967) had only changed twice;

1796 - Harrison
1800's - Wilson Not sure exact year (very strong male line)
1939 - Mitchell

As the family of John and Margaret Harrison grew up they slowly moved from Portadown, N.Ireland to Banbridge and then onto Belfast where the bulk of the "Wilson - Mitchell" still live.
John and Margaret Harrison were farmers - don't know what they grew just know they were farmers, in Portadown.

If anyone has any paperwork I would be glad to have a peep.  Oh I see the mention of Scotland as far as I know the family never moved there - BUT Valentine lived and worked in Scotland part of his life and also spent a large chunk of his working life in New Zealand, he died on a sinking ship.

That's it for now - Probably best to email as I rarely use this site: (*)

Mark Mitchell  04:12 Saturday 30th January, 2016

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php