Author Topic: Florence Edith Larkin married Matthew Bird  (Read 3097 times)

Offline janet bird

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Florence Edith Larkin married Matthew Bird
« on: Monday 21 February 05 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Florence Edith Larkin married Matthew Bird and lived at Winchelsea Road Ore.  Matthew died in 1957 and I know she resided there in 1968 according to the Kelly directory for 1968.  She died in 1970 and her death is recorded for the Sittingbourne area.  In Matthews obitary there was mention of a son and daughter.  As Matthew was older in years perhaps these are more likely to be children of Florence before she married to Matthew?  Can anyone shred some light on this one I know she is not buried with Matthew so believe she is buried in Sittingbourne area.

Thanks for looking

Janet 

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
Re: Florence Edith Larkin married Matthew Bird
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 March 05 10:53 GMT (UK) »
 Found this Birth Entry wonder could it be your Florence

Larkin, Florence Edith

Quarter end  June 1902
Birht registered in  Lewisham 
Volume Number   1d
Page Number 1181 

Have you an age for Matthew... even roughly might help in finding a record for him if the above entry is right... and Matthew is older then he may appear on the 1901... with his family...

I can check the kent entries for births on 1837 site... have a few spare credits let me know any more info you may have

Mo
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br /><br />Researching: - Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock, Gourlay, Busby<br /><br />Locations: - March in Cambridgeshire, Banbury in Oxfordshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland

Offline janet bird

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Florence Edith Larkin married Matthew Bird
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 12 March 05 09:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your reply.

Matthew Bird married Esther Eleanor Saunders in 1904 at Sandhurst Parish Church which is near Hawkhurst in Kent.  His age on the marriage cert is given as 20 and hers as 21.  Matthew Bird died in 1957 aged 72 and Esther in 1941 aged 58 or 59.  So the ages are roughly right.t I cannot find a birth for either of them so maybe they were not born in Kent.  Both there fathers names on the marriage cert are given as Thomas his father was a Hawker her father was a labourer.  I cannot locate them on the 1901 census or the 1891 census index for Kent or Sussex.  When Esther died Matthew married Florence Edith Larkin hope this makes sense to you.

Janet