Author Topic: Dudgeon  (Read 7890 times)

Offline Michelle Pearce

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dudgeon
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 06 July 17 06:23 BST (UK) »
Hello C Henderson,
I recently saw the message that you posted way back in January 2016 so joined RootsChat so that I could contact you about a book that you own which had originally belonged to a Catholic Priest named William Wallace Downie, I have to tell you that I was incredibly excited to read your message as William W Downie was my 3rd Great Uncle. I have been doing family research since 2011 and regarding William I have researched his life from when he was born in Traquair, Peeblesshire 05/06/1825 until he died 20/02/1906 at New Abbey, Dumfries.

I was wondering if you would be kind enough to either send me photographs of Williams' book or if you would permit me to buy it from you as I would love to be able to hand it down through the family with all of his other information.

By the way I live in Australia.

Regards, Michelle Pearce nee Downie  :)

Downie
Park
Frazer/Fraser

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.