Author Topic: **COMPLETED** help!!  (Read 1285 times)

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
**COMPLETED** help!!
« on: Monday 18 May 09 20:54 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help with the welsh translations from the 1896 book by Rev. W Davies.

My very rough attempt at it – lol   ::)

Bu yn bridd ddwy waith. Ailbriododd Tach. 29ain,1846 a Sarah Evans, Penyralltwen, o’r hon y cafodd fab a merch. Bu fawr Rhagfyr 1af 1856, yn 76 oed a chladdwyd ef ym mynwent Eglwys Llandysull.

Married for a second time 29th November 1846 to Sarah Evans at Penyralltwen, they had a boy and girl. He died December 1st 1856 at the age of 76 years buried at Llandysul Church graveyard.

Wele I nodweddion:-

Dyn tai hynod a heinyf ac ysgafndroed gwyneb hir, ta’cen, uchel, trwyn Rhufeinig a’I lygaid yn llwydlas a threddgar cerrddwr mawr.

“Wr enwog ni farchogai eithr are droed erioed yr ai”

Galluoedd meddyliol cryfion yn nodedig an ei arabedd ac fel pregethwr yn feistr y gynnulleidfa ystrif enodd amry draethodau I’r cyhoedaiadau misol a chyhieddodd rai o’I bregethau ysgrifenodd hefyd fywgraffiad I amryw o’i frodyr yn y weinidogaeth.

Megys Parch. W. Evans Aberystwyth a’r Parch. Jenkin Jones, Penypont

Behold character:-

A tall man, well known, Roman nose, crookedly eye, large thighs, walker.
Abilities mentally strong, wit/humour, like preacher and master, writing several essays monthly, announced his sermon/article also biography in order to several brothers in the ministry.

Rev. W.Evans and Rev. Jenkin Jones

Thank you  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pinot

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help again plz with translation!!
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 May 09 22:38 BST (UK) »

A tall man, remarkably agile and light of foot, a long face, high forehead, Roman nose, his eyes of blue-grey and piercing, a great walker.
"A well-known man, he did not ride, but always went on foot" [a couplet with strict internal rhymes - cynghanedd - and the -ai rhyming line-end]
Powerful mental abilities, noted for his wit, and as a preacher a master of his congregation, he wrote several essays for the monthly publications and published some of his sermons. He also wrote biographies of several of his brothers in the ministry, such as Rev. W.E. and Rev. J.J.
               Pinot      :)

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Completed Re: Help again plz with translation!!
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 May 09 08:03 BST (UK) »
Pinot,

Thank you so much for quick reply - much appreciated  :)

A tall man, remarkably agile and light of foot, a long face, high forehead, Roman nose, his eyes of blue-grey and piercing, a great walker.
"A well-known man, he did not ride, but always went on foot" [a couplet with strict internal rhymes - cynghanedd - and the -ai rhyming line-end]
Powerful mental abilities, noted for his wit, and as a preacher a master of his congregation, he wrote several essays for the monthly publications and published some of his sermons. He also wrote biographies of several of his brothers in the ministry, such as Rev. W.E. and Rev. J.J.
               Pinot      :)

Ladyhawk
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk