Author Topic: Burials/MIs/Graves Stotfold  (Read 13757 times)

Offline brer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Shh! Be very, very quiet... I'm hunting forebears!
    • View Profile
Re: Burials/MIs/Graves Stotfold
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 14 June 12 20:54 BST (UK) »
This is excellent - thank you!!

~ Claire
BRADBURY, BAYLEY, WINTERBOTTOM, HOLMES, BRUCE, ROBINSON, ANDREW (All Cheshire/Lancashire area.)<br /><br />HOYLE (Yorkshire), GRAY (Bedford), HORLEY (Bedford), RENSHAW, WILDE, MEREDITH, BRIDGEHOUSE and SUGDEN (Cheshire/Lancashire)<br /><br />BATE, BATES, HEARSUM (Essex), HALLOWS, LANGFIELD, HAGUE, TRAVIS, COOPER, ALLEN, MACE (Cheshire, Lancashire)

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline liamcornes1983

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Burials/MIs/Graves Stotfold
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 30 August 15 22:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Liam

Welcome to Rootschat

I have a lot on the Henlow Rooks, who came originally from Southill, and before that from Clifton.

The Sabeys in Henlow arrived c1745, possibly from the Colmworth/Bolnhurst area. It wasn't a mistranscription. The name was Sabey.  I haven't yet established how the name changed to Savory, although the Sabey/Savory names ran in tandem in Henlow, and the names seemed to be interchangeable in Langford. I can trace the Henlow Savorys back to Sarah Savory born c1764, but can't link her to the Sabeys. If you know the link I'd be very interested to learn more. I've done a lot of research on the various Sabey branches, all of which seemed to originate in Colmworth, which I'll happily send you if you're interested.

I assume you're connection is Frederick Savory and Charlotte Rook who married in Henlow in 1883

David

Hi David yes i'm decended from Fred and Charlotte, that would be lovely if you could do that. many thanks Liam