Author Topic: Autograph book WW1 soldiers entries. Scanned copies avail of named individuals  (Read 13879 times)

Offline manmack

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
driver/signaller 94160 george,william moore
enlisted 13-2-15
aged 24
the meadow,earith,st.ives,huntingdon
occupation,farrier for mr g.prior of earith,st.ives
55th battery,33rd brigade,8th divisional artillery column
base depot,france 5-10-15
22-8-16,reported wounded and missing,found in the south african gen hospital at rouen,put on board the hospital ship SS asturias on 2-9-16,admitted to bramshott military hospital,on 4-9-16,with gunshot wounds to right hand,face and chest,transferred to cambridge military hospital,aldershot on 27-9-16 till 28-11-16
sailed from marseilles,bound for alexandria on board the SS cameronia[troopship]with 2650 men,torpedoed by the german sub U.33 off malta,picked up by the sloop,HMS vertiva and taken to malta,sent to egypt on 5-7-17
sent to france from egypt,on 17-7-18
kicked in the back by a horse,on 5-12-18,passed through the 54 gen hospital,bolougne,convalescent hospital,newton abbott,launceston aux hospital and finally exeter war hospital
discharged from hospital,on 11-2-19
military history,mainly ww1,manchester pals battalions,tyneside irish +tyneside scottish brigades,leeds,liverpool,accrington,birmingham,hull,barnsley,swansea and salford pals.

Offline fere

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Autograph book WW1 soldiers entries. Scanned copies avail of named individuals
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 17 December 09 18:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi there!

Found this thread a few days back whilst researching the family tree.

I am G W Moore's great-grandson, and I am thrilled to see that there is so much information on him here.

I would love to have scans of the signatures pertaining to my great-grandfather, and scans of any photos you may have.

My father (G W Moore's grandson) is equally excited with this development as we knew very little of George's military past, record and movements.

Thank you so much!

Offline NDRFT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Autograph book WW1 soldiers entries. Scanned copies avail of named individuals
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 17 December 09 20:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I am delighted that you found the thread and even more so that some one who has written in the book has family who have now found it - so to speak.
here is his entry hope it meets your expectations?
And of course to Mack for what he has added. If I can help with any more info let me know as I often get asked to 'find' old soldiers etc from WW1
Nigel
Robinson - Oxfordshire
Stratford - Gloucestershire,
Waters - Northamptonshire,
Moss - Oxfordshire,
Bint - Berkshire,
Collins / Collings - Buckinghamshire,
Salmon - Warwickshire and Northamptonshire
Stranks - Northamptonshire,
Bull - Oxfordshire /Buckinghamshire,

Offline fere

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 18 December 09 10:48 GMT (UK) »
That is sooo awesome!

My Dad will be all the more thrilled, as he is a huge fan of Ruskin and it will come as a pleasant surprise to know George was obviously a fan too.

You don't happen to have any of the photos you mentioned atall? Because I instantly recognised the writing by only reading the first word, and am very confident that I (or atleast my Dad) could pick him out of a crowd.

Thanks so much :-)

Offline NDRFT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 18 December 09 21:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I have 3 photos in which I do not know the names of the soldiers and which you are welcome to have copies of. It is probably best if you PM me an e mail address so I can send direct?
Nigel
Robinson - Oxfordshire
Moss - Oxfordshire,
Bint - Berkshire,

Offline CAMG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 09 July 10 06:11 BST (UK) »
Harry Edgcombe Bisdee was my great uncle - I remember him very well.  (My grandmother's brother).  I would appreciate seeing his autograph page, please. 

Offline NDRFT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 09 July 10 08:09 BST (UK) »
Here you are. I am thrilled to be able to pass this on to you.
Nigel
Robinson - Oxfordshire
Moss - Oxfordshire,
Bint - Berkshire,

Offline kemp42

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 27 July 10 21:15 BST (UK) »
I have several WW! autograph books inherited from my Grandmother who was a QAIMNS(R) nurse during WW1 - never thought of listing the names/scanning - also a few photos of wounded men being treated in wards. Will put up a list in the next couple of weeks - should I start a new thread or use this one ??

Offline CAMG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 27 July 10 21:25 BST (UK) »
Many thanks - very touching!