Author Topic: Autograph book WW1 soldiers entries. Scanned copies avail of named individuals  (Read 11095 times)

Offline manmack

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
driver/signaller 94160 george,william moore
enlisted 13-2-15
aged 24
the meadow,earith,st.ives,huntingdon
occupation,farrier for mr g.prior of earith,st.ives
55th battery,33rd brigade,8th divisional artillery column
base depot,france 5-10-15
22-8-16,reported wounded and missing,found in the south african gen hospital at rouen,put on board the hospital ship SS asturias on 2-9-16,admitted to bramshott military hospital,on 4-9-16,with gunshot wounds to right hand,face and chest,transferred to cambridge military hospital,aldershot on 27-9-16 till 28-11-16
sailed from marseilles,bound for alexandria on board the SS cameronia[troopship]with 2650 men,torpedoed by the german sub U.33 off malta,picked up by the sloop,HMS vertiva and taken to malta,sent to egypt on 5-7-17
sent to france from egypt,on 17-7-18
kicked in the back by a horse,on 5-12-18,passed through the 54 gen hospital,bolougne,convalescent hospital,newton abbott,launceston aux hospital and finally exeter war hospital
discharged from hospital,on 11-2-19
military history,mainly ww1,manchester pals battalions,tyneside irish +tyneside scottish brigades,leeds,liverpool,accrington,birmingham,hull,barnsley,swansea and salford pals.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline fere

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Autograph book WW1 soldiers entries. Scanned copies avail of named individuals
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 17 December 09 18:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi there!

Found this thread a few days back whilst researching the family tree.

I am G W Moore's great-grandson, and I am thrilled to see that there is so much information on him here.

I would love to have scans of the signatures pertaining to my great-grandfather, and scans of any photos you may have.

My father (G W Moore's grandson) is equally excited with this development as we knew very little of George's military past, record and movements.

Thank you so much!

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline NDRFT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Autograph book WW1 soldiers entries. Scanned copies avail of named individuals
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 17 December 09 20:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I am delighted that you found the thread and even more so that some one who has written in the book has family who have now found it - so to speak.
here is his entry hope it meets your expectations?
And of course to Mack for what he has added. If I can help with any more info let me know as I often get asked to 'find' old soldiers etc from WW1
Nigel
Robinson - Oxfordshire
Stratford - Gloucestershire,
Waters - Northamptonshire,
Moss - Oxfordshire,
Bint - Berkshire,
Collins / Collings - Buckinghamshire,
Salmon - Warwickshire and Northamptonshire
Stranks - Northamptonshire,
Bull - Oxfordshire /Buckinghamshire,

Offline fere

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 18 December 09 10:48 GMT (UK) »
That is sooo awesome!

My Dad will be all the more thrilled, as he is a huge fan of Ruskin and it will come as a pleasant surprise to know George was obviously a fan too.

You don't happen to have any of the photos you mentioned atall? Because I instantly recognised the writing by only reading the first word, and am very confident that I (or atleast my Dad) could pick him out of a crowd.

Thanks so much :-)

Offline NDRFT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 18 December 09 21:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I have 3 photos in which I do not know the names of the soldiers and which you are welcome to have copies of. It is probably best if you PM me an e mail address so I can send direct?
Nigel
Robinson - Oxfordshire
Moss - Oxfordshire,
Bint - Berkshire,

Offline CAMG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 09 July 10 06:11 BST (UK) »
Harry Edgcombe Bisdee was my great uncle - I remember him very well.  (My grandmother's brother).  I would appreciate seeing his autograph page, please. 

Offline NDRFT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 09 July 10 08:09 BST (UK) »
Here you are. I am thrilled to be able to pass this on to you.
Nigel
Robinson - Oxfordshire
Moss - Oxfordshire,
Bint - Berkshire,

Offline kemp42

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 27 July 10 21:15 BST (UK) »
I have several WW! autograph books inherited from my Grandmother who was a QAIMNS(R) nurse during WW1 - never thought of listing the names/scanning - also a few photos of wounded men being treated in wards. Will put up a list in the next couple of weeks - should I start a new thread or use this one ??

Offline CAMG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 27 July 10 21:25 BST (UK) »
Many thanks - very touching!