Author Topic: Nicholas family of Narberth  (Read 2257 times)

Offline jordan1977

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Nicholas family of Narberth
« on: Thursday 21 May 09 21:54 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help me find the birth record of John Nicholas who was born in Narberth.  On the 1891 census he gives his age as 20, and on the 1901 census as 30, so he was born circa 1871. He gives his father's name as Thomas (deceased) on his marriage to Mary Elizabeth Phelps in 1888 in Aberdare.  I have tried the National Library of Wales but they do not hold parish records for Narberth.
No other details known.  Thanks. :)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Nicholas family of Narberth
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 May 09 00:26 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat

Per freebmd  http://freebmd.rootsweb.com

John Nicholas March qtr 1870  Narberth   Volume: 11a  Page: 755 
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline gayn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 November 17 14:26 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if this is a connection . I have a Mary Ann Phelps from Aberdare and my Phelps family were from Narberth area orig . in 1888 Mary would have been almost 17 .
Samuel, Edwards,Watkins,Phillips, Martin, Phelps,Harries,Jones,Evans,Davies,Edmunds,Rowlands,Meredith,Ray,Griffiths,Lewis,Francis,Hale,Harris,Emanuel,Taylor,Pocket,Nicholas,

Offline gayn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 21 November 17 14:27 GMT (UK) »
Sorry should read Mary Elizabeth
Samuel, Edwards,Watkins,Phillips, Martin, Phelps,Harries,Jones,Evans,Davies,Edmunds,Rowlands,Meredith,Ray,Griffiths,Lewis,Francis,Hale,Harris,Emanuel,Taylor,Pocket,Nicholas,

Offline Gnicholas

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 03 February 19 22:54 GMT (UK) »
I am a male with the surname of Nicholas who is living in the US and have tested for Y-DNA. The paper trail is thin but some evidence suggests a Nicholas born in Wales before immigrating to Ulster and America by 1700’s. Wondering if any current males living in Wales have tested Y-DNA or would be interested in testing to determine connection between Welsh Nicholas family and those living in America?