Author Topic: Llanbadarn y Garreg Radnorshire Burials  (Read 7384 times)

Offline TIM97

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Llanbadarn y Garreg Radnorshire Burials
« on: Thursday 21 May 09 22:15 BST (UK) »
Has anyone got a record of Memorial inscriptions for St Padarns Llanbadarn y garreg, in Radnorshire. Im looking for Greenways buried there
Morgan (Pentyrch) Lilwall (Her & Rad) James (Glam) Wiltshire (Timsbury, Bristol) James (Amroth, Pembrokeshire)
Truscott (st stephen in brannel)
Parry (llangores, Breconshire)

Offline skylark

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Llanbadarn y Garreg Radnorshire Burials
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 19 June 10 23:22 BST (UK) »
I'm sorry, I haven't got any MI records but I got these off the internet.

John Greenway buried 4 Jan 1838 - aged 88 - Llanbadarn Y Garreg - St. Padarn.

Charlotte Greenway 6 Sep 1835 - age 4- Newchurch St.Mary (about 8 miles away NE)

Edward Greenway 12 Jul 1840 -age 75 - Bryngwyn St.Michael (about 6 miles away NE)

John Greenway 26 Apr 1813 - 6 weeks - Llowes St. Meilig (SE)
"This information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Ensor, Bradley, Cooper, Beard, Boothby, Willey, Maryon.

Offline Paparico

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Llanbadarn y Garreg Radnorshire Burials
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 April 15 19:41 BST (UK) »
Up until the 1970s, there were only two Greenways buried at St. Padarn's, Llanbadarn-y-Garreg as the Greenways were CofE Bryngwyn farmers, and St. Padarn's was non-conformist.  Llanbadarn-y-Garreg was ("Hounds of") Baskerville land pledged to marry into the Powells.  John Griffiths received  "The Box" L-y-G, in settlement of a libel suit and pledged that to marry into the Powells.  The Bryngwyn Greenways  then married into the Powells, but I have found no Greenway title records for L-y-G, so perhaps they were tenant farmers.  The locals presumed they were itinerant miners as the father & son graves abut,  but there are no Greenway graves of  wives or children.  I sent a photo of the graves to a Mormon researcher some years ago, so perhaps it was posted on familysearch.org