Author Topic: Lost my PRINGLES  (Read 13484 times)

Offline nanato5

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lost my PRINGLES
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 24 March 15 05:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Eva Thank you for replying to me. Was your granny Elizabeth Taylor Pringle known as Bessie. The family had a grocers in Glasgow. I have got photocopies of births,marriages and deaths on pages that seem to be from a family bible. The details are handwritten.I expect you know that there were 6 children born to Flora Taylor McGilp. Looking forward to hearing from you. Rosiemay7
hello again yes I know there was 6 children born to flora and Thomas I downloaded births ,marraiges and deaths from scotlands people and all the censuses,as well im sure annie only had 2 boys am I correct,my grandmother was mary mcgilp pringle born 16th feb 1895,she passed away a week before I got married in 1981,mary had 2 sons and 1 daughter,all named after her family,thomas ,james and my mum flora mcgilp pringle (that was her 2 middle names)my mum passed away july 2008,still not found out much about Thomas though,alexander and james were home children sent to Canada 1907 with quarrier homes,my gran was in whiteinch home 1901 census,well rosiemay7 im so excited hearing from you we must email each other so when you make another post here I can pm you with email address looking forward to hearing more and finding out about you.xxxx eva
mcgilp & pringle,kilbride ,bute                                                 
mackie,fife .                                                                 
brabender& pringle,glasgow.edward biggar,peebles                                                 
pringle&brown,& aitken,glasgow ,                                                           
wight,east lothian & borders.little,lothian.

Offline rosiemay7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 25 March 15 19:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Eva Yes my gran had 2 children James and William. I am also struggling to get info. on Thomas. I know from Quarrier records that he started work with a Mr. Simpson in 1903  but when there was little work available he was returned to Quarriers. In1906 he went to lodgings because he had sufficient wages to support himself. I do not know where he lived. It is so good to be in touch with you and I look forward to hearing from you. Rosiemay7 x

Offline nanato5

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 26 March 15 09:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rosiemay,  yes I think Thomas is my bug bear as well ,like looking for a needle in a haystack lol,i was on Skype to alexanders son in Canada the other night telling him we have found another from the mcgilp/pringle family he was over the moon as I was lol,i will pm you my email address so we can find out more about each other ,as we cant put up email address on rootschat,
mackie,fife .                                                                 

Offline nanato5

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 26 March 15 09:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rosiemay,  yes I think Thomas is my bug bear as well ,like looking for a needle in a haystack lol,i was on Skype to alexanders son in Canada the other night telling him we have found another from the mcgilp/pringle family he was over the moon as I was lol,i will pm you my email address so we can find out more about each other ,as we cant put up email address on rootschat,
      I have sent you private message with my email
mackie,fife .