Author Topic: Daniel Daly & wife Julia Kavanagh  (Read 7043 times)

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Daly & wife Julia Kavanagh
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 28 January 18 14:11 GMT (UK) »
Nicholas born 1860 died age 2 1862
Mary born 1858 died age 4 1862 both coming up on Glasnevin index when entering 27 Liffey St into address box
https://www.glasnevintrust.ie/genealogy/results/index.xml

Offline zzjopark

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 29 January 18 08:27 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, Sinann and Datha. I had found the marriage entry, but was searching for Mary (Maria) Esther to confirm that I had the correct parents (I had already found Agnes born 10 July 1863, bapt. 24 July 1863). 

It would seem that they are, without doubt, "my" Michael and Mary.

In case anybody else is interested, there were also a son Thomas (close in age to Julia, whose bapt. I have not found ?~1851) and John born about 1856 (who I have also not yet found).  The three youngest (? possibly Thomas, also) moved to Liverpool with their parents.

Mary Esther married Martin Dolan in Liverpool, and died 26 Oct 1918; John died in 1935 - I don't know whether he married.

Agnes married my g-grandfather in Liverpool 27 May 1884

I wonder if anybody has come across the births/baptisms of Michael (birth estimated to be about 1820 - 1823) and Mary (birth estimated to be about 1827 - 1830)?
Liverpool, Ireland, Devon, Cambridge, Southampton, Lincolnshire

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 29 January 18 09:24 GMT (UK) »
John's baptism is included in the link i gave you to the church record's Johannes (Latin for John )2nd August 1856.

There appears to be a gap of 8 yrs from the time of marriage 1846 to the first baptism 1854 perhaps they were in a different parish that is not yet online.

Offline zzjopark

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 08:36 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, once again, Dathai.  Now that I have actually perused the link, I see that there were several other children.  I think that I may have found the baptism of Michael (the father) in the register of St Michael & St John.  20 Apr 1823 Father: Michael  Mother: Esther Hannigan

I should probably search the registers around the pro-Cathedral for Thomas

Offline Greg0220

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 03 April 18 17:13 BST (UK) »
These Daly's and Kavanagh's may be related to my ancestors just based on name frequency. My g-g-g-grandmother, Jane Cavanagh, married Timothy Daly somewhere in Ireland in the early 1820s.

By the 1830s, they were living in Bathurst, New Brunswick, Canada. Their son, William Daly, moved to Boston in the 1860s and worked as a stevedore. His son's married a Mary Mooney, son of Patrick, son of Timothy, son of Timothy. The Mooney's were from Galway, as lore says the Daly's were.

In the 1860 Boston census, there are Carr's(Cair's) living with them. You'll note on the church register for your Julia Kavanagh's marrieage, there are Carr's just below their entry.

My Jane Cavanagh could be the aunt of your Michael Kavanagh.

Lynch-Cork/Ontario
Considine-Ireland/Ontario
Daly-Galway/New Brunswick
Kelly-Galway/New Brunswick
MacDonald-Moidart/Nova Scotia
Thomson-Ireland/Gaspe Que
Thompson-Moidart/Nova Scotia
Kane-Ireland/New Brunswick
McNish-Scotland/Ontario
McCulloch-Keppoch/Ontario
MacDonell-Glengarry/Ontario
Fitzgerald-Limerick/Ontario

Offline zzjopark

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 04 April 18 11:22 BST (UK) »
I think that, at this stage, we can only regard this as 'tenuous' - although my father told me of oral tradition that the family was supposed to be emigrating to the USA but Mary (nee Mooney) was so travel-sick crossing to Liverpool that they decided to stay in England.  How valid this is, I do not know.

Anyway, perhaps you can help me make sense of your sentence "His son's married a Mary Mooney, son of Patrick, son of Timothy, son of Timothy. " Do you mean daughter of Patrick, son of Timothy, son of Timothy??

The Kavanagh family moved to Liverpool some time after 1866 and before 1871, because the youngest daughter was born in Dublin 1866 and the family was in Liverpool at the time of the 1871 Census.

Offline Greg0220

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 05 April 18 22:12 BST (UK) »
 " Do you mean daughter of Patrick, son of Timothy, son of Timothy??"
Yes.
She married first, Robert Daly, who died young. Then she married his brother, Daniel. These brothers, and six other siblings where very famous in Vaudeville from 1880-1904. All actors, comedians, dancers.

Lynch-Cork/Ontario
Considine-Ireland/Ontario
Daly-Galway/New Brunswick
Kelly-Galway/New Brunswick
MacDonald-Moidart/Nova Scotia
Thomson-Ireland/Gaspe Que
Thompson-Moidart/Nova Scotia
Kane-Ireland/New Brunswick
McNish-Scotland/Ontario
McCulloch-Keppoch/Ontario
MacDonell-Glengarry/Ontario
Fitzgerald-Limerick/Ontario