Author Topic: Suggestions please,Clergyman, Ernest William Banks, Braintree, Essex.  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Janae

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ernest William Banks  b. 1864.

In 1911 he was living with his wife, Edith,  and young daughters at the Pattiswick Rectory, Braintree, Essex.

I would welcome any suggests as to how to find out how long they were there and what happened to them after 1911. 

Thank you,
Janae    Australia

Offline keldon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions please,Clergyman, Ernest William Banks, Braintree, Essex.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 May 09 15:41 BST (UK) »
These may help.

The Times of  June 14, 1892:  Ernest William Banks, B.A., Oxford, appointed to St.
George’s, Worthing.

The Times, Nov 03, 1900:
Rev. E.W. Banks, curate of St. Mary’s, Brighton, appointed to rector of Grays Thurrock.

The Times, May 29, 1905:
Rev. E.W. Banks, vicar of Grays Thurrock, has been appointed rector of Pattiswick - patron, the Bishop of St. Albans.

There’s a death notice in The Times, Feb 14, 1935, which may be him: Ernest Banks, M.A., Hazeldene, Corton Road, Lowestoft. (on 12 Feb)

Phil

Offline ainslie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 May 09 16:42 BST (UK) »
If you have access to a large city or county library, they should have back issues of Crockford's Clerical Directories, published about every two years.  There is a section setting out the parishes which all CofE clergy served in - not always 100% complete, so you should be able to track your man's moves. The nearest edition to 1935 should tell you all you want to know.
A

Offline Janae

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 28 May 09 22:42 BST (UK) »
How wonderful to get up this morning and find your replies waiting!

Thank you very much  keldon and ainslie.

That information is invaluable to our family.  We have been trying to find Ernest for years.

Janae.

Offline helenneilson

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 14 May 17 18:36 BST (UK) »
I have seen the correspondence regarding the Rev Ernest William Banks. He is my great grandfather father of Winnifred, Margaret (my grand mother) and Muriel. Sadly he died in his early 50's from TB caught from one of his parishioners in his parish of Pattiswick Braintree Essex. Would love to know your connection to him Janae.

Helen (UK)