Author Topic: Westbury families  (Read 21984 times)

Offline philcop2000

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Westbury families
« Reply #36 on: Monday 12 September 11 10:18 BST (UK) »
Hello, gosh what a confusing site!!!

I am looking up my tree of WESTBURYS and am upto about 250 going back, prodominatly from the West Midlands area but just found one distant uncle that moved to Yorkshire in the late 1800's and created a tree there.

I am on facebook and hve a WESTBURY FAMILY INFORMATION group which i would be happy to share with others researching the name. Its easier to upload photos and stuff on there (no disrespect to RootsCHat).

Offline Newberrychaser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 12 September 11 15:12 BST (UK) »
Hello:

I went to Facebook to see your site and it wasn't listed as you have advertised i.e. WESTBURY FAMILY INFORMATION group.  What I did find was "Westbury Family Tree Information Group UK"  with a notice "This group is scheduled to be archived over the next few months, Facebook will be archiving all groups created using the old groups format. When this group is archived, its wall posts, photos and discussion threads will move to the new groups format, but group members will need to be re-added."  It seems all web sites have their little idiocyncracies, but I think when you understand rootschat a little more you will enjoy it.  It is very comprehensive in it's scope, and the threads never disappear like on Facebook, and it is always searchable via the general Internet.

I am interested in the John Westbury who was married to Alice Carent.  Specifically, I would like to find his will or IPM if possible.

I would be interested in your group, if it is the one noted above rather than the title that you gave on your reply.

Cheers,
Sue
medieval research

Offline philcop2000

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 12 September 11 17:21 BST (UK) »
Yes my mistake it is the "Westbury Family Tree Information Group UK".
I am surprised about the message you say facebook have attached to it, will look into that. What year was your John Born then, there are a few on my tree with a few i have not partners of.

Offline Newberrychaser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 12 September 11 18:36 BST (UK) »
I am not sure when John was born, but he died around 1448.  His brother was William Westbury who sat as Justice of the King’s Bench (1426-1445).  He possessed the manors of Boes, Lady Court, Berkeley, and Fayreoke, plus other large holdings in Wiltshire and Somerset. Both brothers were dead by about 1449.
medieval research

Offline Newberrychaser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 23 June 16 05:50 BST (UK) »
Nick:  Are you still out there monitoring this thread?  If so please reply.  Sue
medieval research

Offline GWestbury

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 25 August 18 04:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Nick,
I have been looking for my English ancestors, I have found John Westbury born Gloucestershire England 1824, apparently emigrated to Australia around 1864, setup a 130 acre farm in Leeches Gully outside Tenterfield NSW around 1869 married Hannah Hoult in Tenterfield some time in 1866, had 2 sons John and Richard.  John Westbury died 1894 and was buried in Tenterfield Cemetery. 

I would like to find out about the Westbury family, why John, who was a farmer in England, would want to sail to Australia 1864 a rather dangerous adventure for a man of 40 years of age?  Was he disinherited or as a younger child did he receive little or nothing from his father?

Cheers Grahame Westbury Tumbi Umbi NSW Australia

Offline a chesters

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 25 August 18 06:22 BST (UK) »
nwestbury was last active on Rootschat 25 Oct 2010

Offline GWestbury

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Sunday 26 August 18 02:08 BST (UK) »
Hi
Can Nick Westbury somehow receive my post re: Westbury families as he has not been active for 8 years?  Can the administrator facilitate this please?

Kind regards
Grahame Westbury

Offline GWestbury

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Sunday 26 August 18 02:09 BST (UK) »
Hi
Can Nick Westbury somehow receive my post re: Westbury families as he has not been active for 8 years?  Can the administrator facilitate this please?

Kind regards
Grahame Westbury