Author Topic: Need to find parents of a roaming person.  (Read 8214 times)

Offline Newvrovski

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Need to find parents of a roaming person.
« Reply #18 on: Friday 14 August 09 13:12 BST (UK) »
Fair enough Floozy.

I've had a look at my tree and there is a Henry Thallon born around the same time as your Henry in Scoonie, Fife. Improtantly he's noted in the 1851 census living in Kettle, Fife and working as a draper.

I'm not directly related to Henry but with Thallon being an unusual surname and predominantly originating from Fife I'm quite interested in tracing the different lines even if I'm not directly decended from them.

Henry's Grandfather (Robert Thallon 1751) was my great (x4) grandfather's brother.

Have you any details of Henry and Catherine's children?

Offline Floozy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Susan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 14 August 09 13:28 BST (UK) »
2nd marriage for Catherine Hay (Walker)   m.  1867 Henry Thallon (#2384) (1831-1909)
      2. Beatrice Clara Thallon (#2389) (1870-1954)

2. Arthur Thallon (#2390) (1872-1872)

2. Henry Thallon (#2391) (1868-1875)

2. Constance Thallon [Fraser] (#2392) (1874-?)

m.  1914 George Fraser (#2394) (?-?)

2. Norman Hector Thallon (#2393) (1877-1950)

Susan (floozy)
DEWSTOWE/DUSTOW, WADE, REED, ROGERS, GARRETT, HAY, KERR, BAS-TED HUSBAND  COOKE/COOK, GOWER, JEFFREYS,DAVIES, OATES or OATS, , GREASLEY/GREASLY, BIRD, BOSWELL, WILLEY, WHEADON, PARKER, ABBOTT?(maybe not related), JONES, QUINN, SCOTT, ISBESTER or ISBISTER?, LLOYD, RICHARDS, WHETTALL
Names come from Redruth, Cornwall, Wales, Scotland and possibly Ireland. And other parts of England.
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Floozy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Susan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 14 August 09 13:43 BST (UK) »
Last know residence for Henry and Catherine

Residence: Childers St, South Australia

and Burial at
North Road Cemetery, North Adelaide.
DEWSTOWE/DUSTOW, WADE, REED, ROGERS, GARRETT, HAY, KERR, BAS-TED HUSBAND  COOKE/COOK, GOWER, JEFFREYS,DAVIES, OATES or OATS, , GREASLEY/GREASLY, BIRD, BOSWELL, WILLEY, WHEADON, PARKER, ABBOTT?(maybe not related), JONES, QUINN, SCOTT, ISBESTER or ISBISTER?, LLOYD, RICHARDS, WHETTALL
Names come from Redruth, Cornwall, Wales, Scotland and possibly Ireland. And other parts of England.

Offline Newvrovski

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 14 August 09 13:54 BST (UK) »
The names of their children aren't as I would have expected if you assume the Scottish naming tradition. 1st boy after Henry's father (Henry), 2nd girl after Henry's mother (Agnes) but given they were living in Austrailia those traditions may well have been dispensed with or had maybe gone out of fashion.

Thanks for your help

Danny

Offline Floozy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Susan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 14 August 09 14:07 BST (UK) »
I think alot of family traditions did change, even though a lot of my family did stik to some traditions.

this is what I have on Henry Thallon

THALLON Henry  78 years  Married  Relative not recorded
Died 16 Sep 1909
Residence North Adelaide  Death Place North Adelaide   Ade S 343/367

Our Henry Thallon???

There is a Henry Thallon  appearing on  the 1856 Electoral Rolls  for Victoria   
Electoral Year 1856 
State  Victoria   District Talbot 
Subdistrict Carisbrook 

Henry Thallon  MAryborough Draper on Salary of 100 pound from  looks like Mckernie and Co Maryborough

Then this was found and I began to assume he did know the Garrett family as John Garret is my gg grandfathers brother.
REAL PROPERTY ACT
Notice is hereby given that Henry Thallon and John Garrett of Richmond, Storekeepers, have applied to have brought under the provisions of the Real Property Act the land described at the foot hereof; and that the Commissioner of Titles has appointed that on the expiration of fourteen clear days from the date of this advertisement in the Government Gazette the Registrar General unless he shall in the interval receive and equeat to do so, proceed to bring such land under the provisions of the Act.
Dated Ninth day of March 1864.

THE LAND REFERRED TO
Part of portion number twenty-three, Parish of Jika-Jika, County of Bourke: Details of measurements..........Also part of the same portion lying at the north west corner having frontage to the Punt road of a hundred feet by a depth of three hundred and sixty three inches.

Horace Sampson

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 15 August 09 00:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Danny

A birth certificate of any of the children born in Victoria to Henry and Catherine will show the age and place of birth of both parents as already outlined in reply#6 by tropicalj. 
https://online.justice.vic.gov.au/bdm/index-search?action=purchaseImage

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Floozy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Susan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 22 October 17 21:19 BST (UK) »
Havebput thisbon another thread but yesterday  i was browsing  through the Vic BMD and to my suprise  but yet to be confirmed 

Their is a possible  brother to Robert Garrett  and  John.

I found a Richard Garrett  parents William  Garrett  and Mary Quinn

This has opened up another can of worms.  Cheers