Author Topic: Who is Frank Daykin Holbrook  (Read 4844 times)

Offline rpmjbbkknb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Who is Frank Daykin Holbrook
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 06 August 09 11:23 BST (UK) »
Hi All

Well it looks like Frank Daykin Houlbrook was my uncle - I just received his birth certificate - parents listed as Alfred Daykin and Edith Mary Houlbrook - address 18 Market St, Hoyland - this is the same address listed on Alfred (snr) marriage certificate (1910) to my grand-mother Elizabeth Nicol.
Now I just have to work out where Edith fits in.
The search now goes on - I'm pleased I followed your suggestion to get the certificate

Thank you all :)
Daykin (Rotherham,Yorkshire); Nicol (Scotland); Wardle/Willis/Hepple/Robinson (Durham); Lloyd (Holywell, Wales); Mitchell/Michie (Clackmannan, Scotland);Hutton(Clackmannan)

Offline CferCat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 05 February 12 18:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ronlynn - Frank Houlbrook was my paternal grandfather - so looks like we are related ! He is the same person as Frank Daykin - he actually had two birth certificates.  His mother and father were unmarried and both of them registered his birth. He was known as Frank Daykin when growing up, but his other birth certificate was used when he got married to my grandmother - so became known as Frank Houlbrook.

He was actually brought up by his grandparents and didn't have much to do with his parents as a child - although did used to go for the odd pint with his father as a teenager.  His side of the family has always been a bit of a mystery!

Regards

Rhonda

Offline rpmjbbkknb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 03 March 12 03:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rhonda - thanks for your reply - I have found so few relations on my dad's side, it was great to hear from you - it seems we are cousins  :)
I have been able to find some information about your grandfather (Frank) which would be great if you could set me straight - what was your grand-mother's name? I found marriage to a Rose Saddington (1928) and to ____ Beames in 1941 - are you able to confirm any of this.

I do have some information about his father Alfred (my paternal grandfather), and am willing to share anything.

Look forward to hearing from you - Ronlynn
Daykin (Rotherham,Yorkshire); Nicol (Scotland); Wardle/Willis/Hepple/Robinson (Durham); Lloyd (Holywell, Wales); Mitchell/Michie (Clackmannan, Scotland);Hutton(Clackmannan)

Offline CferCat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 03 March 12 08:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ronlynn - wow, this is amazing.  We know so little about my Grandad's side of the family.  I happened to type his name in google one day to see if I could find anything and couldn't believe it when this thread came up!

Sure, Rose was his first wife who died during childbirth and there are no surviving children from that marriage.  My Grandmother's name was Cassandra (she definitely got the best name out of her sisters!) and they had one child, Raymond - my Dad.  They all had the Houlbrook name but my Dad hyphenated his to Daykin-Houlbrook before my Grandad died which he was pleased about.  My youngest brother also has the Daykin-Houlbrook name.

Would love to find out more - my e-mail address is (*)  I have some photographs of Frank if you are interested.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline rpmjbbkknb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 16 August 17 18:21 BST (UK) »
It's been quite a few years since I've checked this post and have just seen this latest message.
I would love to be able to share any information either of us have. And would love to see any photos of your grandad and my step uncle Frank.