Author Topic: Who is Frank Daykin Holbrook  (Read 4843 times)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Who is Frank Daykin Holbrook
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 28 May 09 13:36 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that Spidermonkey
- I was just looking for a death (earlier rather than later) wondering if that was why he wasn't known in the family.
heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Spidermonkey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://www.apigintime.net/blog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 28 May 09 13:40 BST (UK) »
If you google "Daykin Houlbrook" several hits come up for those names hyphenated, I think there is at least one address shown as well - could be worth a speculative letter?

Offline rpmjbbkknb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 29 May 09 14:37 BST (UK) »
Hi all

thank you for all the ideas and info - as i have just ordered birth certs for grandfather - alfred daykin and g grandfather - herbert daykin - ( i have the GRO refs for them both luckily) and am hesitant to order the births certs for both frank daykin and frank daykin houlbrook as they may be 2 different people, does anyone know of any other way i may be able to find out who the parents were of both franks - suggestions  ???

on another note (as i have been checking earlier census records for my daykin family) i wonder sometimes about the relationships that are listed in these earlier census records, in particular when children aged under 10 are listed as son or daughter in law to the head of the household - it sure gets very confusing - but i am not one to give up easily  :)

ronlynn
Daykin (Rotherham,Yorkshire); Nicol (Scotland); Wardle/Willis/Hepple/Robinson (Durham); Lloyd (Holywell, Wales); Mitchell/Michie (Clackmannan, Scotland);Hutton(Clackmannan)

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 29 May 09 14:51 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Frank Daykin and Frank Daykin Houlbrook have the same reference details; there's a good chance they are the same person. 

Nanny Jan
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 29 May 09 14:58 BST (UK) »
Yes I agree with Nanny Jan and was just looking up the entries- two separate ones with same reference. I wonder why? Perhaps both parents wanted him registering with their name  ???

Don't give up ronlynn! Usually young children described as 'in laws' are step children - you probably worked that out  ;)
Maybe then there were others who could be the parent of young Frank. If you could, though, I think the certificate would be very useful - if only to please us  ;D
good luck
heywood

Offline rpmjbbkknb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 30 May 09 05:57 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Frank Daykin and Frank Daykin Houlbrook have the same reference details; there's a good chance they are the same person. 

Nanny Jan

thanks again nanny jan

i think next time i order certificates i will have to get frank's - just wondering though which reference do you think i should use - do you think it would make much difference
ronlynn
Daykin (Rotherham,Yorkshire); Nicol (Scotland); Wardle/Willis/Hepple/Robinson (Durham); Lloyd (Holywell, Wales); Mitchell/Michie (Clackmannan, Scotland);Hutton(Clackmannan)

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 30 May 09 08:52 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I would go for Frank Daykin Houlbrook as that is the name on the census; fingers crossed it will solved the mystery for you..........or give you more doors to open!

Nanny Jan
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Just Kia

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 30 May 09 08:58 BST (UK) »
My thoughts exactly.
Often if a child is born to unmarried parents, and both parents are on the birth cert, you find the child indexed under both surnames.
This is because the index is compiled using the parents surname as the childs surname isn't on the birth cert. Thus is two surnames are on the cert (ie un married parents) then the index listing is under two surnames also.

HTH
WIMBUSH - Everywhere :: MARLOW/JECOCK/JUSTICE - Northamptonshire/Warwickshire/Oxfordshire :: SCALES/BRIDGES/ENGLISH/SPINK/PETCH/GOOCH/COCKSEDGE - Suffolk :: GARRETT/GIBBS/FEARN - Warwickshire :: DEVOS - Scotland (Aberdeen)/France(Dunkerque) :: MURRAY - Ireland(Down)/Scotland(Lochs) :: TIGHE/TREACY - Cork

Stanley Charles SCALES b.1899 - Where are you?    ***   

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 30 May 09 15:19 BST (UK) »
thanks for the explanation - I thought it would be something similar but was unsure.
Ronlynn, if you ever get the certificate - please post and let us know the result.

best wishes
heywood