Author Topic: Rothesay Livingstone family  (Read 19469 times)

Offline Piglet01

• Email address not working please contact support
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Rothesay Livingstone family
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 30 May 09 09:57 BST (UK) »
error - aplogies  :O(

Offline robscot55

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 27 February 11 13:29 GMT (UK) »
hi

Just happened to google my dads name - George Livingstone - to see what came up and your requests did!

George Livingstone you found (and prob know enough already) was my Great Grandfather. Richard was his son and one of his sons was my dad George Livingstone.
I didnt become Richard but they called me Robin so kept the "R" going.
I have Richard's saddlers stool and a part of a working horse leather with Richard Livingstone Saddler Rothesay on it.

All the best
Robin

Offline Mgt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 27 February 11 22:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Robin
I'm so happy to be in contact with a direct member of my maternal LIVINGSTONE family. I have extensive records of the family that I have researched. Also, with the kind help of a roots member, I have pics of gravestones from the Barrhead cemetery. The family originated from Barrhead and beyond that I've not gone further with.
I would love to share anything with you.
I am particularly interested in finding any photographs that may have survived. I have only one pic of my grandfather Richard Livingstone B1874-D1916 with a male and a female that I presume are his brother and sister.
You must be happy to have artefact's from the family business, great they have survived.
It's been about 2 yrs since I worked on my Livingstone files and on Roots chat.  I will check my records to see where we are connected - cousin!
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Cheers. Olive. 

Paisley Rfw. ANDERSON,LIVINGSTONE,COWAN,MARTIN,HERD,
Rothesay. Livingstone
Angel's Camp, Ca USA. LOVE

Offline robscot55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 01 June 11 10:08 BST (UK) »

Hi Olive,
Apologies for delay in writing - been busy at work and also my Mum had her 90th birthday recently.
I see from previous messages that you wanted a picture of Arthurlie. I'll be in Rothesay in next few months with work so could get one if you wish.
I fit in to the family tree as follows!
As I said I was born in 1955 and my dad was George who was born 1909 in Rothesay.He was a twin (Patricia - she died when she was about 5). From birth cert she was born at 10am and my dad was born at 3pm on 17th March.The other children of RIchard and Jessie Smellie were Annie,Sarah,(Patricia/George)and Robert.
Richard Livingstone was his father born 13/04/1873 and died in 1944 in Rothesay Poor House.
George Livingstone was his father married to Sarah Lawson.
Richard Livingstone was his father married to Ruth Baillie.
William Livingstone (powerloom dresser/weaver)b.1794?was his father married to Elizabeth Govan b.1796? and died 27/6/1859
Richard Livingstone(handloom weaver) was his father and married to Margaret Jamieson.

Ruth Baillie's parents were George Baillie and Ann Pollock. Ann Pollock'sparents were Archibald Pollock(Tailor) and Sarah Lamont.

No doubt you have most of this information already. Where do you fit in on this tree?

Anyway hope to hear from you and shall make sure I dont take as long to reply.

I live in Perth and have done so since 1979 - where has the time gone.

Better go and do some work.
All the best Robin

Offline Br1gau

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 02 June 11 19:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Olive,

This is incidental to your query but I have a death cert. for Jessie (McLachlan) Boyd who died of consumption at Princes Street, Rothesay in 1868 aged 27.  She was the daughter of Lachlan McLachlan, Master Saddler of Fort William and the wife of Donald Boyd, Saddler and Ironmonger of Fort William.

George Livingston, neighbour of 12 Albert Place was the informant and signed the certificate.  I'm sure there must be a connection here, if only a professional one - if you come across the names mentioned, I would love to hear from you.

Regards,
Brigau

Offline Dokk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 27 June 19 10:28 BST (UK) »
Hi I have this notice from 1877, with reference to the death of Richard Livingstone, son Of Richard Livingstone of Barrhead(Plumber)..if you are interested, you can contact me ,through this site or my Email address.

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 29 June 19 07:14 BST (UK) »
Arthurlie is in Barrhead!  ;D

Skoosh.

Offline Dokk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 29 June 19 18:27 BST (UK) »
EH????.. :o :o :o 8) ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 29 June 19 21:46 BST (UK) »
Skoosh is perfectly correct. See http://www.geograph.org.uk/search.php?i=96255976

However it there is or was a house in Rothesay with the same name. Could it have been named after the place in Barrhead? Did the family originate in Arthurlie, Barrhead?
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.