Author Topic: Peet's, Cull's, Price's etc  (Read 6914 times)

Offline petercornish

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Peet's, Cull's, Price's etc
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 27 July 05 10:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Melanie,

There has been no response to my posting on the Buckinghamshire board so I made a trip to Aylesbury RO and searched the Calverton PRs and came up with the following -

Marriage  5th March  1827 by banns.  FRANCIS CULL of Passenham and  HANNAH SHIRLEY of Calverton. Witnessed by Daniel Grace and Elizabeth Shirley.

Birth/Christening  25th April 1802  HANNAH  daughter of Joseph and Elizabeth Shirley

Marriage  31st July 1797 by banns.  Joseph Shirley and Elizabeth Robat (?) both of Calverton.  Witnessed by John Binder and William Jarvis.

As an added bonus the following  birth/christenings of other children of Joseph and Elizabeth -

Mary Binder  - B.19th Aug 1799  Ch.1st Sept 1799
Martha         - B. 3rd July 1803    Ch.15th July 1803
Elizabeth     - B.6th June 1807    Ch.14th June 1807

The IGI records the marriage of Mary Binder Shirley to Shadrack Towrsey on 19th Nov 1818 at Calverton (Shadrack b.30th Dec 1787, Long Crendon,Bucks(Nr.Thame) Died c.1846

Now you know Hannah's maiden name.

Regards   ...   Peter

Census information is Crown Copyright http:/www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Melaniejoy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Peet's, Cull's, Price's etc
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 27 July 05 22:37 BST (UK) »
Peter I cannot thank you enough, this was the very start of my family history interest -  the Cull family -  and has always been something I wanted to take further. How kind of you. I hope that you recieve the same kind of consideration from people while you are searching !!