Author Topic: Kelly's Directory, look-up, please  (Read 1608 times)

Offline Joy Dean

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Kelly's Directory, look-up, please
« on: Tuesday 09 June 09 19:04 BST (UK) »
Please is anyone able to check the Kelly's Directory for Deptford for me?

I need to know who was living at 1 Reginald Road, also known as May Cottage Reginald Road, between 1886 and 1891.

In hope, thank you.

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Kelly's Directory, look-up, please
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 09 June 09 19:12 BST (UK) »
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jovi75

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 09 June 09 19:40 BST (UK) »
Had a quick look-up of the address, could find it in 1881 census for Greenwich, London but no sign of a Reginald Road for Deptford in 1891 (at least not under London as it was previously).

In case it's of relevance at all, residents in 1881 were: the Maybank family + Thomas & Martha Parsons.

Regards
Jovi75

Looked again with a "Wildcard" and found a Mary Cottage, Reginold Rd, Deptford, Greenwich.  The fun of mis-spellings!

Family were the Rutherfords (head Samuel was a bricklayer)
Mole (Herts/London/Canada/USA)
Griggs (Essex/Kent/London)
Brack (Germany/London)

Offline Joy Dean

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 09 June 09 21:45 BST (UK) »

Offline Joy Dean

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 09 June 09 21:51 BST (UK) »
Had a quick look-up of the address, could find it in 1881 census for Greenwich, London but no sign of a Reginald Road for Deptford in 1891 (at least not under London as it was previously).

In case it's of relevance at all, residents in 1881 were: the Maybank family + Thomas & Martha Parsons.

Regards
Jovi75

Looked again with a "Wildcard" and found a Mary Cottage, Reginold Rd, Deptford, Greenwich.  The fun of mis-spellings!

Family were the Rutherfords (head Samuel was a bricklayer)

Thank you. In 1861 and 71 it was Reginald Street, and in 1881, John and Mary Dyball were in May Cottage. He owned that house and others. He died in 1885 leaving the house to Mary. In 1891, Samuel and Elizabeth Rutherford were there, she being a daughter of John.

A registration cannot be found for the death of Mary. I have contacted Greenwich register office to see if a search can be made, just in case the registration was made but did not reach the GRO.

I thought that if I could see who was living there between 1886 and 1891, at least that would narrow down the time frame in which Mary died.

Offline Southwinds

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 19 August 17 14:35 BST (UK) »
Samual Rutherford is John Dyballs Son in Law he is married to Elizabeth Dyball  But who lived there before they moved in I wonder Or did they move in when John died .. Still no trace of Mary .

Offline Joy Dean

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 22 August 17 13:48 BST (UK) »
Samual Rutherford is John Dyballs Son in Law he is married to Elizabeth Dyball  But who lived there before they moved in I wonder Or did they move in when John died .. Still no trace of Mary .

Thank you for looking for Mary.
At no. 2 in 1891 was Mary's widowed sister Caroline Smith.