Author Topic: 1911 census  (Read 5187 times)

Offline cardiff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1911 census
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 08 November 09 11:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi
try www.old-maps.co.uk
 cheers cardiff
All CensusTranscriptions are Crown Copyright

Read Wiltshire /Pontypridd
Dove Lincolnshire/Pontypridd/Cardiff
Barnhouse Cardiff/Pontypridd
Wilkes Shropshire/ Staffordshire/ Rhondda
Fletchers Staffordshire/ Glamorgan
Wright Somerset/ Glamorgan
Probert Cardigan/Rhondda/Shropshire
Jenkins Cardigan
Lewis Cardigan
Morgan Penderyn/Pontypridd
Stephens Penderyn
David Glamorgan
Whitby Forest Dean
Hughes Goodrich/Pontypridd
Jackson/Smith London /Kent/Glamorgan
Hughes Maesteg/Ynyshire

Offline alltcafan

• RootsChat Member
  • sun setting in Powys
    • View Profile
Re: 1911 census
« Reply #10 on: Monday 09 November 09 01:18 GMT (UK) »
Dear Haydon,

I'm not entirely sure whether 2 Porth (Porth House was No1) in Llanybydder or Llanybyther (known by both spellings) has been re-named or not.  But the area that it was in, is fairly close to the Market Place / Square.    Llanybydder itself is not that big, but it's not easy to describe where it is.

The way you get to there is, if you travel on the main road from Carmarthen towards Lampeter on the A485 and when you get to Llanybydder itself and get to the square.  You will need to turn left here on the B4337 - towards Llanwnnen or / and Llanwenog and it may also be signed Lampeter (B road).  You'll know when you get to the square as there's a cafe on the left, a stone pub on the right (I can't remember what it's called now), a post office just where you turn, and a war memorial the other way.  Once you're on this B road carry on down the hill and at the bottom of the hill you'll see the Black Lion Hotel in front of you and it's around this area somewhere.  Sorry I can't be more exact.

For information:  This part of Llanybydder is in Carmarthenshire.   Newcastle Emlyn is about 16 or 17 miles away.  Llanybydder itself is about 7 miles from Lampeter and about 9 miles from Llanfair Clydogau with Llanwnen being about 4 miles away. 

I'm sorry I can't be more exact but hope this is of some help.

Regards, Alltcafan  :D
EVANS/ JONES / JAMES / REES - Llangeler, Penboyr, Llanfihangel ar Arth, Burry Port & South Wales
STEPHENS - Llangeler, Penboyr & Neath
DAVIES / REES / JONES - Kilrhedyn, Newcastle Emlyn