Author Topic: Clayton Family of Tupton  (Read 14400 times)

Offline JinxCat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Clayton Family of Tupton
« Reply #54 on: Saturday 04 July 09 12:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish

Thanks for the response.  It looks like I'll have to get the certificates.  I think I have the correct GRO index so it shouldn't be too painful.  I'll take it from there.  Maybe I should do the whole family - Richard might only be the father of Joseph  :o!!!!

Jinx

Online trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Sunday 05 July 09 15:38 BST (UK) »
Best of luck ;D

Trish
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Rich7287

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Monday 11 April 16 21:42 BST (UK) »
I am related to Mary Ellen Smith through her grandmother Mary Madin, Mary Ellen had a brother Gersham who in 1912 married Sarah A Plant. Gersham was born in 1885, he also had a cousin Gersham also born in 1885 the son of his dad's brother John Smith.

Regards

Rich7287

Offline Rich7287

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 04 May 16 10:15 BST (UK) »
Hi All

I am researching the family of Francis Smith as he was a nephew of my great great great great Grandfather Edward Madin.

Francis married Millicent Musson in 1884 and had 14 children including Mary Ellen who died in 1968 and gershom who died in 1961.

Gershom is buried in Clay Cross cemetery with his wife, his son gershom is also buried at Clay cross with his wife.

Gershom married Sarah Plant in 1912 and had about 10 children.

Gershom also had a cousin called gersham who was born around the same time that is why there is 2 listings on bmd.

Any information on the Children of Mary Ellen Wood nee Smith would be appreciated

Regards

Richard