Author Topic: bucklebury families  (Read 12505 times)

Offline wagsloos

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: bucklebury families
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 03 November 16 23:44 GMT (UK) »
Hello Sally
I might be what person who you guy's are looking for
 I have  load's of photo's of the Morton's Sellwood's & Bradley family's around 1870's & post cards from 1900 to 1920's
Tabitha Dorcas Bradley (morton) is my descendant and there is a black lacquer  with mother of pearl inlay album (all photos removed but still all in a box sadly) & its pure gold for all of us
thanks
simon

Offline Jim Morton

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: bucklebury families
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 26 May 20 22:04 BST (UK) »
Hello All, This is my first time on this forum. After a bit of family tree 'home schooling' with our young children I got the bug! Dug into Ancestry and followed my family back to Bucklebury.  The first Rev John Morton (1788 to 1871) is my 4th Great Grandfather - I am down the David, Peter, Frederick, Robert, Robert line. I grew up in Lincolnshire and ended up moving to Berkshire 20 years ago. We spent a lovely day yesterday in West Berkshire - visiting Beenham, Bucklebury, The Slade and Holly Farm.  I can't wait for the current lockdown to be lifted a little so we can see inside some of the lovely churches. We only got as far as the graveyards and we did pay a visit to Morton's Chapel. Any stories beyond the usual census and 'births, marriages, deaths' would be fantastic! Many thanks