Author Topic: bucklebury families  (Read 8714 times)

Offline Peter Bathe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: bucklebury families
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 12 July 09 06:35 BST (UK) »
Dear Sally

Many many thanks for the picture - I didn't have one of him before

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline sally harris

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 27 July 09 13:55 BST (UK) »
To seigebatteries.
If you look in photo restore you will find a restored version of the John Morton picture.
Sally Harris

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline DaisyBank

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 30 October 13 20:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sally

I went on Roots chat earlier this quite by chance and put in my great grandfathers name Rev John Morton, I didn't expect to get anything but was surprised to find a photo of him and my great grandmother in their younger days. I myself have one of them in the Manse garden at Gt Gransden with my great aunt Rosa, who I knew as a child and great uncle Bernard, who was also a minister. There was also a photo (poor) of my ggg grandfather also Rev John Morton of Bucklebury. I visited the chapel at Bucklebury, during the summer and found a clearer photo of him on the wall. In the link I was reading between you and another distant relative! You said you had a photo of Peter Morton, would it be possible to see this, I am new to this site so not sure how you go about doing this sort of thing! Hopefully this will get to you - Cyndy

Offline Peter Bathe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 31 October 13 08:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cyndy

Think you may have missed a generation. Rev John Morton of Bucklebury died in 1871 and his wife Sarah in 1877. It was their grandson John (father of Rosa and [Charles] Bernard among others) who was the Baptist Minister of Great Grandsen but he wasn't there until sometime between 1885 and 1888, so a photo of John and Sarah at Great Grandsen is unlikely. You might, however, have one of the younger John Morton and his wife Mary
Cheers
Peter

Offline DaisyBank

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 08 November 13 22:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peter

No, I went on Roots Chat earlier this year and put in my gt grandfather's  name, Rev John Morton. And was amazed to find a photo of both my gt grandparents, John and Mary, when they were younger. I found distant relations talking about family members and to top it all, I found a photo of our 3x gt grandfather, another Rev John Morton. My sister and I spent summer holidays with our maternal grandmother Bella, Fredrick's wife. And played at my Aunt Rosa Christmas' house with her granddaughter Susan, Rosa died when I was about 12, but I knew Aunt Alice, Willy Morton's wife, for longer as she lived to 100! I will attempt to post the photo I have of Rev John & Mary Morton with Aunt Rosa and Uncle Bernard, bear with me it a first. I seem to remember you said your 2x gt grandmother was Tabitha Morton, so are you a Bradley or a Bathe?

Cyndy

Offline sally harris

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 10 November 13 14:37 GMT (UK) »
cyndy,
the broad street chapel where peter Morton was married now a branch of waterstones

Offline sally harris

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 10 November 13 14:40 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Cyndy
I pressed the wrong button that is from right to left my daughter -my granddaughter and a friend

Offline sally harris

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 11 November 13 00:59 GMT (UK) »
Frederick and Isabella Morton

Offline sally harris

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile