Author Topic: 1901 look up please  (Read 3213 times)

Offline feeder

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1901 look up please
« on: Saturday 13 June 09 11:57 BST (UK) »

Hi

Could someone look up the 1901 census for me please.Iam looking for Maggie Morgan age about 8, Hannah Morgan age about 5,William H Morgan age about 47,And hopefully theres a Mary Morgan there aswell age in her 40s.Many thanks Lee.

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 look up please
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 June 09 12:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Lee  ;D

I found them only by looking at an earlier topic of yours, which said there was a son born 1902, Sidney Charles MORGAN in Pentrepiod, Pontnewynydd ...... well, it looks like them - only the wife is enumerated as Margaret, not Mary.

1901:  W Hambleton's Farm, Village of Pentrepiod, Pontnewynydd, Abersychan, Monmouthshire
RG13 /  Piece: 4945 /  Folio: 64 /  Page: 3
Head: William Henry MOYAN 43, Coalminer hewer, b Tabywain, Mon (meant to be Talywain??)
Wife: Margaret MOYAN 39, b Aberdare, Glam.
Son: William E. MOYAN 14, Coalminer hewer, b Aberdare, Glam.
Son: George Hy. MOYAN 11, b Aberdare, Glam.
Son: Frederick J MOYAN 9, b Aberdare, Glam.
Dau: Margaret MOYAN 7, b Aberdare, Glam.
Dau: Hannah MOYAN 4, b Aberdare, Glam.
Son: Thomas MOYAN 6mths, b Pontypool, Mon

The surname is written small and a bit squished and does look like MOYAN so I've transcribed as such. However - I believe, it is meant to be MORGAN and the main problem is, the enumerator has not formed the 'g' properly,

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline pinot

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 13 June 09 12:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Lee,
             Some geographical information would help, as the names are not uncommon ones; any hints?
                    Pinot  :)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 13 June 09 12:34 BST (UK) »
Sorry about the muddle, Pinot!

Caused by duplicate posting - MESSAGE TO ALL - PLEASE only post one request for each look-up, as it gets mighty confusing otherwise.

Also please post all the relevant info, including previous censuses found.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline feeder

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 13 June 09 12:51 BST (UK) »

Thanks for that.Sorry am i posting to much?Also do i find another site to look up Glamorganshire?as Hannah and maggie,william,George,Frederick were born in Aberdare,and william would have been 4 in the 1891 census so Margaret could be Mary in 1891.Many thanks Lee.

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 13 June 09 12:54 BST (UK) »
Hello Lee

Yes - just one request at a time for each thing you need help with please, otherwise we do the work twice and our looker-uppers get cross!

Glamorgan might have been more appropiate then - if you give us the census or other information you are working from, we can always move the one post you make if it is in the wrong place.

If you haven't got the info you need after a week or so, post again, but mention the earlier post when you do that.

Many thanks!

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 13 June 09 13:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Feeder

Posting too much  ;D Not at all! I don't know who has  the highest nr of posts but some are in the 10,ooo's +
Without the questions being posted, we don't have Rootschat.

But as Arranroots says, don't post the the same question at same time in different places - and if you feel you must post the same item on two boards: always put  a link on each post to the other one. This avoids duplication of effort (and a grump)  by of those who look up for you.  Prettymuch, there are plenty of lookers who meander across all boards who will spot a single topic and respond to it.  If you think there could be a connection to another county, you can just mention that in the one post. If we think you'd be better off re-posting on another board, it will often be suggested to you - or the whole topic may  be moved by the mods on request  if need be.

Similarly, try to give us much identifying info as you can. You can link to your older topics, if the new topic is a lead on from an older one which has information on it which might be/will be helpful to us.

To Find the Glamorgan Board - look at the top of this page - see the tree to the left:
   RootsChat.Com
          Wales (Counties as in 1851-1901)
               Wales - General
                  Monmouthshire
                     Monmouthshire Lookup Requests

Click on Wales (Counties as in 1851-1901) to find the Glamorganshire board.

But since we're all here  - do you want to find them in the 1891 now? If so I'll have a look for you!

Cheers
AMBLY

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz

Offline feeder

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 13 June 09 13:29 BST (UK) »

Thanks for that Ambly.That would be great if you could that up for me in the 1891 census.Thanks Lee

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 13 June 09 14:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Lee
Here they are in 1891 - the registration district they will come under for births of the children  is Merthyr Tydfil I believe.

1891: 10 Unity Street - Fforchaman , Parish of Aberdare, Glamorganshire
RG12 /  Piece: 4444 /  Folio 98 /  Page 6
Head: William Henry MORGAN 33, Coal Miner, b Abersychan, Monm.
Wife: Mary MORGAN 29, b Aberdare, Glam
Dau: Maud May MORGAN 8, b Aberdare, Glam
Son: Thomas Josiah MORGAN 7, b Aberdare, Glam
Son: William Ernest MORGAN 4, b Aberdare, Glam
Son: George Henry MORGAN 2, b Aberdare, Glam
Brother: Arthur Augustus MORGAN 19, unm, Coal miner, b Abersychan, Monm.

Cheers
AMBLY