Author Topic: MITCHELL of Chard, Somerset  (Read 9777 times)

Offline Sue1234

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MITCHELL of Chard, Somerset
« Reply #9 on: Friday 27 November 09 01:16 GMT (UK) »
Thank you "Clever clogs" for the information regarding the Chard History Society.  I have emailed them and await a reply.  I am most appreciative of your posting this information.

Offline spark

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 23 December 09 15:02 GMT (UK) »
http://www.devon-mitchells.co.uk/whatsnew.php might be worth  a punt.  My Devon Mitchells are here and I have contributed to this site.

Merry Christmas
:) :)
Spark
Commons -  Whitwick/USA/Galway
Concannon - Whitwick
Costello - Ireland
Wardle - Whitwick/Packington
Clarke - Whitwick
Lockwood - Barrow upon Soar
Bull - Whitwick/little Staughton
Moult - Coelorton
Glover - Wymeswold
Vellacott - Exmoor
Thorne - Exmoor

Offline wademz

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 08 May 11 06:32 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have any early records of the Mitchell family in that area? My Mitchell family was to have come from that area in the late 1600's or early 1700's.

They migrated to Virginia. my six time great grandfathers name was to have been Mesklin Mitchell, he had a son William James Mitchell. Does anyone know anything about this family?

We also have Mitchell DNA testing going on at : http://www.familytreedna.com/Default.aspx
if anyone would like to join.

Offline Sue1234

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 25 August 11 07:27 BST (UK) »
I have a record of Chard Mitchell's back to 1752 (John Mitchell).  I do not have any connections to Virginia (that I am aware of!).  Have you checked out the Devon Mitchells site?
Does anyone have any early records of the Mitchell family in that area? My Mitchell family was to have come from that area in the late 1600's or early 1700's.

They migrated to Virginia. my six time great grandfathers name was to have been Mesklin Mitchell, he had a son William James Mitchell. Does anyone know anything about this family?

We also have Mitchell DNA testing going on at : http://www.familytreedna.com/Default.aspx
if anyone would like to join.

Offline cheri10658

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 17 September 17 18:43 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I purchased an antique 4 GALLON saltglazed stoneware jug that is embossed with , W. Mitchell Wine & Spirit Merchant Lancaster.
It has a number 4 embossed on the lip & has 627 embossed on the top side by the name.
 I am trying to find out information about this jug & am hoping that someone can help.